Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why do you use a gps? Is that the elite trim? Doesn’t it come with Navi?
Yes it does but I use the internal screen to monitor WAZE via CarPlay from my iPhone. The factory GPS is weak compared to my Garmin DriveSmart that contains lots more bells and whistles. I'm an old techie guy who likes bells and whistles.......and yes, Montana is called the Big Sky Country for a reason. It is absolutely beautiful in the late spring, summer and fall. It does kinda suck in the winter. That's why we go south for half of the year.

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey all!

Been doing my research on the Passport. Right now it’s my #1 pick! My fear is that infotainment issue I keep reading about. As of right now I don’t need a car so I’m looking to buy at the end of 2021. Year: 2019 Elite trim in white!

hopefully by next November I can find a lightly used or CPO for 30-35!

my #2 pick is a 2019 Jeep GC altitude package.

any updates on the infotainment issue? Did Honda figure it out? Is it software or a wire harness issue?

I’m a city guy with no kids and not looking to go off roading. Need something good for the snow if a storm comes my way or something nice for a beach day!

good day to all
I believe there are two infotainment issues, the harness which apparently causes speaker crackle and the issue I have
when you get no sound says radio unavailable then when you shut vehicle the infotainment says on until the fuse is pulled or battery cable pulled.
Mine only happens when using carplay normally running waze.
Had it happen twice where I was on a long trip got tired of listening to music
so turned radio offf and then wasn't able to turn radio back on just say radio unavailable.
Never had issue when I dont use carplay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I reallyyyyy hope they figure it out. Luckily I’m not buying til the end of 2021. I’d be pissed if I dropped 44k on a car and it give me nothing but headaches.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts