Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing a significant delay in receiving their Passport? I Live in Des Moines, test drove February 2 and put $500 down on a passport elite. Initially was supposed to receive car February 5-9. They keep pushing the date back, and still have not received. Just got this email from the sales person I am working with:

“I have some unfortunate news. They have pushed back dealers getting these Passports until mid-late March. Of course, as you have seen, the timeline is subject to change. So, maybe it is possible they will get this quality control deal figured out sooner too. I know you have been waiting so patiently already and I/we appreciate that. It will be worth the wait!!”

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bummer, I hope you get your new ride soon. Can you talk them into a few goodies for the car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
“I have some unfortunate news. They have pushed back dealers getting these Passports until mid-late March. Of course, as you have seen, the timeline is subject to change. So, maybe it is possible they will get this quality control deal figured out sooner too. I know you have been waiting so patiently already and I/we appreciate that. It will be worth the wait!!”
Do you know if the delay is due to the one known recall (Telematics Control Unit?), or are there other issues involved?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure, but if it could be over a month delay, maybe there is more to the story...
I'm picking up my White Pearl Touring tomorrow. The TCU has been swapped (or so the dealer says) at the port (distribution center). I hope to god there's nothing else wrong quality wise. It seems awfully strange that your car is still 3 weeks away from delivery. Does the Elite trims have other issues ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s a good question - is everyone else receiving their Elites as scheduled? I’ve noticed that our dealership has a few Touring available at the lot, but no Elites.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I got my Elite a week late, I had suspected it was the recal that held it back..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts