Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of a company/brand that makes these for the Passport? Specifically a 2019? Would like to get a plow attachment to plow off the driveway, but not seeing any options out there for the receiver. Closest I found was a front-end receiver from Curt, but it was for the Pilot. Was curious if anyone has their Passport setup with a plow.

EDIT: Found this one for the Ridgeline as well. I'm pretty sure the Ridgeline and Passport share the same frame, so wondering if this works.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
511 Posts
Can't see why the Ridgeline hitch mount wouldn't work for the Passport being that it's for a 2017 thru 2020. Would be a nice option for those who go overlanding and want a front recovery mounting point or a portable winch. Just, would need to be a little more cognizance of your incline approach.

·
Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't see why the Ridgeline hitch mount wouldn't work for the Passport being that it's for a 2017 thru 2020. Would be a nice option for those who go overlanding and want a front recovery mounting point or a portable winch. Just, would need to be a little more cognizance of your incline approach.
My thoughts as well. I'm going to purchase the one for the Ridgeline and give it a shot. Will post here with the results once I've received it and it's mounted.

·
Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up ordering the CURT 31082 for the Ridgeline frame. Received it yesterday and did the install. Looks great and installed just as instructed. I'll get the plow in the next few weeks and will update again when I have it mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
601 Posts
Excellent job! I was wondering how this would look mounted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Huh that's neat that the front hitch worked. It doesn't look like it reduces clearance more than the 2inches from the receiver. I wonder what the maximum weight capacity is when mounted on the Passport 🤔

·
Registered
601 Posts
Huh that's neat that the front hitch worked. It doesn't look like it reduces clearance more than the 2inches from the receiver. I wonder what the maximum weight capacity is when mounted on the Passport 🤔
That's a good point, didn't even think about the weight.

Might need to get some of those sumo spring for the front to avoid too much sag when loaded.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone know of a company/brand that makes these for the Passport? Specifically a 2019? Would like to get a plow attachment to plow off the driveway, but not seeing any options out there for the receiver. Closest I found was a front-end receiver from Curt, but it was for the Pilot. Was curious if anyone has their Passport setup with a plow.

EDIT: Found this one for the Ridgeline as well. I'm pretty sure the Ridgeline and Passport share the same frame, so wondering if this works.

I am curious about the plow you have in mind. are you going with a polycarbonate plow?

·
Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
601 Posts
SPECIFICATION•

Item Number: AVAL8219ELT• Blade Dimensions: 82” (W) x 19” (H)• Assembled Weight: 265 lb• Gross Weight: 321 lb• Box Dimensions: 46” (L) x 36” (W) x 18” (H)•

Item Number: AVAL8422ELT• Blade Dimensions: 84” (W) x 22” (H)• Assembled Weight: 283 lb• Gross Weight: 334 lb• Box Dimensions: 44” (L) x 32” (W) x 18” (H)•

Item Number: AVAL8826ELT• Blade Dimensions: 88” (W) x 26” (H)• Assembled Weight: 296 lb• Gross Weight: 341 lb

·
Registered
2019 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing I didn't think about is how the plow is going to affect the Honda Sensor package. To my knowledge, the sensor is behind the large Honda badge on the front. The plow is likely going to cover that up when attached. Going to have to dig through the settings to see if it can be disabled.

·
Registered
601 Posts
No worries, super easy, I turn off the traction control and collision mitigation at the same time. Push/ hold down both buttons until you see and hear them disable.

Reactions: Basta and Bosetsu
1 - 12 of 12 Posts