Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to black out the "H" in the front grill but do not want to block the parking sensor. Does anyone know exactly where in the "H" the sensor is. I plan on using opaque window tint and cut around the sensor.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,286 Posts
Following if you get an answer!

I want to do this and all the other chrome pieces as well. But need to find someone preferably in OC, CA to do the work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The parking sensors are in the bumper, not in the grill emblem. The radar sensor for Adaptive Cruise Control and FCW are inside the grill emblem. There's no camera except the one in the windshield. You can try to tint the emblem, but it may or may not cause interference with the radar, simply due to more material being in front of the sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old post, but has anyone tinted the sensor? I want to get rid of all the chrome colored plastic on the vehicle and this is the last piece. I'd like to confirm it still functions before I pay a shop to tint it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It is not a good idea to obscure the "H" emblem, unless you have no desire to depend on Honda Sensing features. Anything metallic, typically with tinted film, will affect the radar. I've had an incident with slush and snow that had build up on the emblem, causing the system to be temporarily disabled.

From the owner's manual...

Annotation 2020-08-27 172307.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tinted the sensor with Vvivid light smoke vinyl tint from Amazon - no ill effects so far after 2 weeks. I specifically choose this tint because it is not ceramic and does not contain any metal.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,976 Posts
I have tinted the sensor with Vvivid light smoke vinyl tint from Amazon - no ill effects so far after 2 weeks. I specifically choose this tint because it is not ceramic and does not contain any metal.
Sounds cool, how about some pictures????

·
Registered
15 Posts
20200929_070958[1].jpg 20200929_070954[1].jpg 20200929_070951[1].jpg 20200929_070943[1].jpg

This is VViViD "Smoke Black" Vinyl Tint, I started with "Dark Black", but nothing showed through and it looked like a black blob. Can get a roll on Amazon for about $12 - the hardest part is getting the damn thing off without breaking tabs - you do need to take it apart to ensure the vinyl is wrapped under the gloss black frame. It does have an orange peel look when you're close up, but still looks better than the chrome IMHO. It took me 2 tries to get it wrapped without anything getting trapped under the film, so do it somewhere really clean, not the dusty garage like I did. Car is kinda dirty right now.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport Sport (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
20 Posts
View attachment 7610 View attachment 7611 View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613

This is VViViD "Smoke Black" Vinyl Tint, I started with "Dark Black", but nothing showed through and it looked like a black blob. Can get a roll on Amazon for about $12 - the hardest part is getting the damn thing off without breaking tabs - you do need to take it apart to ensure the vinyl is wrapped under the gloss black frame. It does have an orange peel look when you're close up, but still looks better than the chrome IMHO. It took me 2 tries to get it wrapped without anything getting trapped under the film, so do it somewhere really clean, not the dusty garage like I did. Car is kinda dirty right now.
When you had it apart could you tell in what area the radar was in the emblem? I was thinking of cutting just the H and outer ring in vinyl and leaving all the other area open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts