Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’m not exactly sure where or how this happened but I’m hoping you can help me with a cost/benefit of getting this fixed. It’s only plastic so purely cosmetic but this has the potential to drive me nuts! Have a funny feeling this is not an easy replacement…
Andrew
Grille Automotive tire Wood Grey Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would wait and see if it grinds on you. I got my first ding when my nephew swung open his door and hit my rear quarter while they were parked next to me...it drove me bananas for months, now I forget it even there. It seems like the first one hurts the most.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably only a couple thousand $$ to fix.

;)

So you can do that, or you can relegate it to "first scratch" status (every vehicle gets a first scratch) or you can try to make it less objectionable by buffing with a scratch remover and maybe a bit of touch-up paint.

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
390 Posts
I hand washed my Passport yesterday and did a lot of bug scrubbing on the front end. I came to find out that I have several rock chips in the paint on the bumper, hood, fenders, etc as well as chips in multiple plastic pieces. Nothing that I can really do about it as I don't want to use touch up paint or have anything sanded.

Our cars are going to have scars, in your case @ad21 you could probably color that to have it blend in a bit better. It will never be perfect but it can be made to look better. If it were me I would just let it go but that's just me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with all of you. I’ll see if I can make it look a little more discreet but think this is not worth the cost of repair. Oh well, hopefully not the first of many… thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are probably videos on YT of how people have corrected similar scratches on plastic trim, each probably with a different method. Some may work and some may only hide temporarily.

If it was mine, I'd look into correcting the scratch myself first. Then if that didn't work, I'd just live with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Go to a good body shop or car detailer in your area and see if they can’t buff that out. All of it won’t go away but alot of it probably will. Then go to your dealer and get yourself a bottle of touch up paint and carefully cover the rest. Then call it a day. It is what it is. Wear and tear. Especially if you have kids.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Go to a good body shop or car detailer in your area and see if they can’t buff that out. All of it won’t go away but alot of it probably will. Then go to your dealer and get yourself a bottle of touch up paint and carefully cover the rest. Then call it a day. It is what it is. Wear and tear. Especially if you have kids.
Buffing with pro tools will certainly do some good but note that this bumper piece is unpainted plastic. I think car detailers have some chemical compound that will soften the look after buffing it.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
451 Posts
That sucks, looks like someone backed into with a higher bumper. Fellow New Yorker so I know how bad people here are at parking. There are a few YouTube videos on repairing textured plastic like that section on the front bumper if you are so inclined. Clean it and try some of the plastic dressing the sell it may made it less noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts