Honda Passport Forum banner

Folding Exterior Mirrors

8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  elder prep 
#1 ·
We have an Elite PP and I can't figure out how to fold the exterior mirrors when the car is in or entering our garage. Any suggestions?

#2 ·

#4 ·
Thanks, Scooter1 for redirecting me to the original thread for this topic. However, in all the posts there is no instruction of how to set the auto fold/unfold function for the mirrors. Or is there an auto fold function? Or am I just dense . . . . .

#8 ·
New question: Does my Elite PP allow the mirrors to automatically fold when the car I lock the car?
NOPE, I am hoping Honda does a software update that will allow it to happen, but for now its all manual my friend..

My wife's Lexus RX350 folds the mirrors when you lock the car and I LOVE that feature! And really wanted to duplicate it with the Passport, but since that is not an option, I selected the Auto-Lock feature where your Passport will automatically lock all the doors and give you a beep, when the remote gets 8-10 feet away - and now I LOVE that feature and don't care/need to have the mirrors fold...

#11 ·
What prompted the question in the first place was my wife's 2017 Lincoln MKC does have this function and she was surprised that the newer, 2019 Honda Passport, did not.
Lincoln is a luxury brand and higher cost vs. Honda. It is a game of cost, function, performance, features, reliability, technology, etc. A few dollar savings in engineering and parts can translate to a large profits for the volume manufacturer. On the other hand, people on luxury brand forums complain that some features are not standard unless expensive options are added.

#12 ·
Lincoln is a luxury brand and higher cost vs. Honda. It is a game of cost, function, performance, features, reliability, technology, etc. A few dollar savings in engineering and parts can translate to a large profits for the volume manufacturer. On the other hand, people on luxury brand forums complain that some features are not standard unless expensive options are added.
I think my wife's comment originated from seeing all the functions the PP's mirrors can do, that of dual folding on locking could not have been added to its functionality.

#7 ·
Not to my knowledge. No ‘Forscan’ customization like with a Ford.

Reactions: rls002
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.