Honda Passport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
"The ‘port is my wife’s vehicle"
I'm concerned that my beloved PP will soon become a 'chic' vehicle, much like my old CRV did.

Become a real man - club her in the head - and take it back.
#atmetoo; fortunately my bride steers a "granny van".

You girls go!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Blazin: You should have bought the Weather Tech. Fit like a glove, offer more protection especially up over the dead pedal on drivers side. Back is one-piece. You get what you pay for. I had originally bought the Honda All weather mats and was very unsatisfied on their coverage and how low they were behind the pedals. Weather Tech were about the same price but offered way better protection all around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the reply but my point was that I think the OMAC mats are an incredible deal and I’m very happy with them. The dead pedal coverage is excellent. Again, way better than OEM mats and for $80 for both front and back they’re a no brainer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wrascal, that’s hilarious lol. The problem is, if I take back the ‘Port from wifey, she’ll be driving my M3. And that is NOT going to happen ?.

It’s probably a good time to mention that this stripped (sport awd) Honda is the first non-luxury car we’ve had in years and I’m so impressed with the fit/finish and just how solid this tank is. Haven’t owned a Honda since my CRX-Si back in the late 90’s as a teenager and I’ve really fallen back in love with this company. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Wrascal, that’s hilarious lol. The problem is, if I take back the ‘Port from wifey, she’ll be driving my M3. And that is NOT going to happen ?.

It’s probably a good time to mention that this stripped (sport awd) Honda is the first non-luxury car we’ve had in years and I’m so impressed with the fit/finish and just how solid this tank is. Haven’t owned a Honda since my CRX-Si back in the late 90’s as a teenager and I’ve really fallen back in love with this company. Cheers!
I know what ya mean, I drove two 3-Series BMW's back to back over the last 16 years, the last was a 328i Coupe with the M-package (I know, still not an M-3..lol) but the fit, finish and stereo (read my speaker upgrade thread, if you want) are so nice, the only thing I miss about BMW is the #1,200 annual visits to the dealer (not really...!)...

It's funny though as I find myself taking corners in the same manner as I did when I owned my BMW...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just ordered the Maxliners for front and 2nd row floor mats, and the OEM cargo floor cover (I know from experience Honda's cargo floor covers are pretty flimsy, but I like that it has a crease to accommodate lifting up for the under-floor storage, and it was about $40 cheaper than Weather Tech or Maxliner's cargo floor covers). We shall see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I picked up a 2020 PP Elite yesterday. I am curious about the weathertech floor mats. I purchased weathertech floor mats years ago for a toyota I owned and returned them right away as they only allowed the gas pedal to go in about 2/3rds of the way.

Can anyone let me know if there is any interference with the gas pedal and the weathertech floor liners?

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
52 Posts
There wasn't a choice for me. Once you go WeatherTech Black, you don't go back. Awesome products (floor mats and sunscreen visor).

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
9 Posts
So is the general consensus that OEM splash guards are the way to go over WeatherTech? Are they even necessary? I mean, they look kinda cool. I have no plans for running boards.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
So is the general consensus that OEM splash guards are the way to go over WeatherTech? Are they even necessary? I mean, they look kinda cool. I have no plans for running boards.
The OEM ones are REAL small, they barely cover anything, I recall that the WeatherTechs are bigger and do a better job at fulfilling their prime function. I wnet with the OEM ones and they look ok, but if one has big ole off road tires and wheels that stick out, the WT might be a better pick.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
801 Posts
I prefer the WeatherTech floor liners due to the extra floor coverage, which really helps during the north east winter mess. They also look great, and are custom fit. Cleanup is very easy.

See post 89 for pics of the WeatherTech floor liners in my PP. Well worth it.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
9 Posts
I agree, I have WeatherTech in my Pilot and love them so I got them for my Passport as well. It was the splash guards I was wondering about.

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
I agree, I have WeatherTech in my Pilot and love them so I got them for my Passport as well. It was the splash guards I was wondering about.
I‘ve got the OEM splash guards, and they do a great job keeping the yard sprinklers overflow puddles from SoCal off my Passport. They aren’t obnoxious and look good. I will get a photo tomorrow if you haven’t seen them on.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
801 Posts
Wow, I need to get my eyes checked!!

I went with the OEM splash guards. I think they look better than the WeatherTech. Fairly easy to install. When installing the rears, you’ll need to lay down to line up the bottom hole and the trim piece. Fronts are easy. Just turn the wheels outward. Use a stubby screwdriver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am picking up my Passport on Wednesday. I want to order weather proof mats for the car to help handle our New England weather. Has anyone used the Honda All Season Floor Mats? My husband has WeatherTech in his Accord that he loves. My salesperson said that the Honda Mats are softer and have a one inch lip.
I had them when I purchased as part of one of the packages. Branded HONDA and nice.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts