Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I suffered a flat in my work parking lot. Ran over a nail. By the time I got out, I had a flat on the RR tire. TPM gave me a warning when started vehicle.

Just a warning to those who my be wondering, the Lane Departure Mitigation Fault comes on, the Brakes system amber warning light illuminates, and the TPM fault (obviously due to temp spare no pressure sensor) comes on. I kind of think they shouldn't have all the come up as it's very worrisome. Bad enough you have a flat to deal with, then it appears half the electronics are malfunctioning. Just my thoughts but I think probably a message saying "Some Driving Systems are Temporarily Disabled." This would be less alarming.

Ended up going to Honda Dealer, because I purchased the Tire / Rim damage warranty. No Continental tires in stock! (This has become a very common tire on many SUV's). You'd think they keep a few on hand? Had to order it.

Reactions: rls002

·
Registered
276 Posts
We had a flat on one tire and a sidewall cut on another. The only dealer in N. or C Florida who had any in stock was in Jacksonville. Our dealer in Tampa ordered them, arrived in 2 days and were cheaper than Tire Rack.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ouch. What the heck did you drive through??
2 separate things. The sidewall cut happened the week we bought the car. A hedge clipper fell off a hook in the garage and I think that did it. Minor and not cut to the belts. Then SWMBO drove over a nail or something on the interstate heading to FL. Fortunately Honda roadside assistance changed the tire for her and she was near the Honda dealer in Lumberton NC where she got it fixed. Only 5500 miles on the tires so figured it was just best to replace them both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks. I suffered a flat in my work parking lot. Ran over a nail. By the time I got out, I had a flat on the RR tire. TPM gave me a warning when started vehicle.

Just a warning to those who my be wondering, the Lane Departure Mitigation Fault comes on, the Brakes system amber warning light illuminates, and the TPM fault (obviously due to temp spare no pressure sensor) comes on. I kind of think they shouldn't have all the come up as it's very worrisome. Bad enough you have a flat to deal with, then it appears half the electronics are malfunctioning. Just my thoughts but I think probably a message saying "Some Driving Systems are Temporarily Disabled." This would be less alarming.

My wife's 2019 Passport just had the same issues (TPM warning, and then RDM and Brake warning lights came on once spare tire went on). She ran over a rubber bungee cord and the hook punctured her RR tire (also whipped around the other end in the process and gave the body a few small scratches).

Fortunately the tire was able to be plugged, but do the Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System and Brake warning lights eventually go off, or do I need to go to the Dealer for a reset?

Thanks,

·
Registered
923 Posts
Had our first flat at 11k miles (Elite, April '19 purchase). Ran over a concrete parking space bumper while turning, tore the sidewall of the FRt tire. Called Honda roadside service, they sent it to the local AAA who sent out a tow truck after waiting for 1.5 hours. Service tech put on the spare and we drove to our dealer, 2 miles away. All the tire/wheel and warnings came on, annoying but not scary as I knew what was causing the alarms. Dealer had to order a new tire, arrived the next day. Service dept put it on and ensured all the systems were reset. All is well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts