Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took our first long road trip this past week in our 3 week old EX-L FWD; about a thousand miles round trip - all highway/interstate. No problems and the drive was very enjoyable. We like the ACC - especially my wife. (Our first time ever having the adaptable kind.) It enforces a following distance that is less cringe inducing than my normal driving! :) I will say that it could be a little more subtle about slowing down to let the gap widen when a car cuts into the space in front of you. It's a rather sudden braking effect when a simple ease off the accelerator would probably do the trick. I'm sure the sensors have all the data to do the math. By the way, does anyone know if the brake lights come on when the ACC applies them to slow you down? I assume they do but realized that there's not an easy way to see that for one's self. Also had a chance to experiment and get familiar with the LKAS system.

Everything was comfy, sound was great and the cargo space was awesome compared to stuffing everything into our Accord. Still have not seen another Passport in the wild at all. I liked to think that, as we passed all the Odysseys, CRVs and Pilots, they said out loud "Hey look, there's one of those new Passports!"

Enjoyed the free Sirius XM. Not Passport related, but I still think Sirius is leaving a lot of money on the table by not offering short term subscriptions etc. I'm not interested in having it all the time, but a few bucks for a week long subscription when your traveling would be very cool.

·
Registered
591 Posts
By the way, does anyone know if the brake lights come on when the ACC applies them to slow you down?
Good point. That is something I'd also like to know.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,543 Posts
Interesting thought about the brakelights. I wondered that same thing when I used cruise control in my CRV and dropped the speed a little.

And I often say the same thing about people seeing me in my Passport, but it sounds more like, “what is that badass looking Honda“ ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And of course, it only takes a quick Google search to find that answer. Though I did not find it in the Passport guide, the 2019 Civic manual says that the brake lights "will illuminate" when the ACC slows your vehicle by applying the brakes. Other results indicate that this is an obvious requirement - think of the liability claims if they didn't...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts