Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a new member but finally pulled the trigger on a Passport. Parted ways with my beloved MDX. It was just time. Had been in negotiations for almost a month and the numbers were finally acceptable to me. My better half is just glad it is over.

Attachments

· Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
616 Posts
Nice addition, makes for a very nice trio of Honda!
Yeah, I could use an extra bay myself. (y)

· Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
982 Posts
Awesome garage and nice vehicles!

Reactions: Yankeezone

· Registered
2021 PP EX-L AWD OBP
212 Posts
My better half is just glad it is over.
Heh. I understand that completely. I went back and forth with my dealer for well over a month (close to two). Lack of inventory, 'mandatory' accessories (i.e., some that I wanted, but I was NOT paying a 200% mark up over retail...), and other things ('freebies, because I always get freebies) that we went back and forth on. My wife was quite happy when I was able to finally get what I wanted and stopped spending hours at a time at the dealership with my guy dickering incessantly. :)

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh. I understand that completely. I went back and forth with my dealer for well over a month (close to two). Lack of inventory, 'mandatory' accessories (i.e., some that I wanted, but I was NOT paying a 200% mark up over retail...), and other things ('freebies, because I always get freebies) that we went back and forth on. My wife was quite happy when I was able to finally get what I wanted and stopped spending hours at a time at the dealership with my guy dickering incessantly. :)
You are spot on! I always get “free” accessories and we ended up being at odds over a set of splash guards! Anyway I got all season floor mats and the splash guards in the end and did pay under MSRP. We all know they still made money on me or they wouldn’t have sold it to me. …🙄

· Registered
2023 TRAILSPORT SONIC GREY
241 Posts
Nice!! I'm still in the dickering phase. Covid, blah blah - Finally getting down around MSRP but they want to add alarms, undercoating etc, so still on hold for now. I see you have a Ridgeline as do I. It's my current driver and by far the nicest car I have ever owned - How does the PP compare??

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!! I'm still in the dickering phase. Covid, blah blah - Finally getting down around MSRP but they want to add alarms, undercoating etc, so still on hold for now. I see you have a Ridgeline as do I. It's my current driver and by far the nicest car I have ever owned - How does the PP compare??
I haven’t driven the Passport much but on test drives and such I thought the passport was “tighter”. This could also just be that it is new although my Ridgeline only has 16k miles on it. It sits up about the same height. The Ridgeline is obviously longer so I’m sure parking and such will be easier in the Passport. The Passport also has a few added tech items not offered in the Ridgeline at the time - and an upgraded Nav screen. Otherwise they are very similar in a lot of ways - which is one of the reasons I wanted to purchase one as it was “comfortable” but not a pickup.

· Registered
241 Posts
Yeah the Ridge really surprised me (top trim 2017) just a really luxury type car compared to what I have owned. My previous 2 were Isuzu Troopers. My garage BARELY holds the RL and my wife's car has to go on the street.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
That' a lovely ride and a cool garage.
We also had a 2013 MDX and a 2008 Pilot a couple of years ago, when I told my better half that I was trading the MDX which she drives and I'm getting a 2020 Passport, she accepted only reluctantly because she really loved the upscale feel of Acuras. But when the Passport arrived she took to it like fish takes to water and she has not said anything about Acura since.
I'm now thinking of trading my 2008 Pilot for a new vehicle, it got over 200K miles on it and it's still as tough as nails and as dependable as an old pair of denims but I'm beginning to long for modern electronics systems. I'm not sure I want two Passports in the house but I think if we buy an MDX the present Passport will be handed over to me by the missus.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That' a lovely ride and a cool garage.
We also had a 2013 MDX and a 2008 Pilot a couple of years ago, when I told my better half that I was trading the MDX which she drives and I'm getting a 2020 Passport, she accepted only reluctantly because she really loved the upscale feel of Acuras. But when the Passport arrived she took to it like fish takes to water and she has not said anything about Acura since.
I'm now thinking of trading my 2008 Pilot for a new vehicle, it got over 200K miles on it and it's still as tough as nails and as dependable as an old pair of denims but I'm beginning to long for modern electronics systems. I'm not sure I want two Passports in the house but I think if we buy an MDX the present Passport will be handed over to me by the missus.
Wow great mileage out of the Pilot. Yes we were needing a modern electronics upgrade as well. The MDX was a great car. She had 180k on the meter but still ran great and still looked almost like new. When I had to have the MDX back in the day she told me we better keep it for a long time. I think I satisfied that requirement. She will be missed though. I had several people that I know want to buy it but I would feel too badly if something went wrong. With all the new electronics on the Passport I can’t imagine I will miss anything but the driving dynamics from the MDX. Was initially wanting an RDX so that might be your cup of tea as an alternative.

· Registered
168 Posts
That garage is dope! Jealous. As someone who just re-modeled our garage, I can definitely appreciate yours. Ours barely fits two cars and with the remodel it's turning into a one car garage with bike racks and tools. As for the passport, I love the front end more and more. I have passport and garage envy!

· Registered
241 Posts
I was just thinking we should start a "Our Garage's" thread :cool:🤓

Reactions: Yankeezone
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.