Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the earliest members of the forum here, and now I can join the owners circle. It was a long hard search, actually there have been less than five AWD Touring in Modern Steel Gray within 500 miles of Southern California and I just came home with the only one currently available! I haven't been able to check it out much since I got home at 9pm. I'll update the price paid thread..

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Congrats! I think I joined here a few days after you did and I got my Passport this past Saturday... so I'm right there with ya! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pix or it didn't happen.

:p

(y)(y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, hey David, I was totally thinking of you and if this is quite the ironic twist:
I bought it from Honda World, seems they are not only the closest Honda dealer to me, but they are the only Honda dealer within 30+ miles that honors the Naval Federal Credit Union Car Buying Service, which gave me a pretty good deal for a California purchase (I posted my costs in the price thread). So Honda World did a search throughout all of Southern California and found the lone dealer who had one, so they bought it from them and I picked it up late yesterday and that dealer was...... New Century Honda in Glendale....!
(crazy huh?)

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! We'll have to have a meeting of the beasts!
Yeah, they are twins, except for you cool monster tires & rims...! Planning on hitting the Sierras for Memorial Day weekend, any plans?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, they are twins, except for you cool monster tires & rims...! Planning on hitting the Sierras for Memorial Day weekend, any plans?
I'll be out of town, but we did get out to Lone Pine last weekend, simply amazing! I'm prepping a post on the experience, but suffice it to say - we'll be back!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was one of the earliest members of the forum here, and now I can join the owners circle. It was a long hard search, actually there have been less than five AWD Touring in Modern Steel Gray within 500 miles of Southern California and I just came home with the only one currently available! I haven't been able to check it out much since I got home at 9pm. I'll update the price paid thread..
Does the Touring model come standard with power outside mirrors? One person told me it does but when I look it up online it shows only the Elite model as having them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does the Touring model come standard with power outside mirrors? One person told me it does but when I look it up online it shows only the Elite model as having them.
Yes the Touring has power folding outside mirrors. The Elite adds the dimming feature.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes the Touring has power folding outside mirrors. The Elite adds the dimming feature.
You must have something special! Our Touring AWD doesn't have the power folding mirrors. And the listing on Honda.com says only the Elite has those.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You must have something special! Our Touring AWD doesn't have the power folding mirrors. And the listing on Honda.com says only the Elite has those.
This is a pic of my mirror controls. Don't you have the button next to L-R?

IMG_0137.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
To be thorough I guess I should go check to see if they gave me an Elite instead of the Touring! :)
Good stuff Homer, Your ride has touring wheels which look the best IMHO.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Huh. Guess I'll have to check when I see it for the first time this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, but you have to rememeber to close them BEFORE you turn the engine off and have to re-open them after you start the engine (to drive)...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts