Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started installing my light bar about a month ago and I discovered the factory brackets wouldn't work. It's taken me a while to make the time to machine my own brackets, but today I finally finished them up and got the wiring done.

I'm very pleased with the results.

"

Before...

After...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow, looks great, well done.

Reactions: DavidCSmithDP

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My goal for this light was to better see the surface texture of the trail ahead. I'm not planning on any high speed off-road driving so high mounted spot lights are less useful. My biggest worry is not noticing a dip or rock and misjudging my ground clearance. By having this light as low as possible, it brings the road texture into relief and I'm better able to judge the height of obstacles. That was my theory at least, and I'm happy that it seems to be working as intended.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My goal for this light was to better see the surface texture of the trail ahead. I'm not planning on any high speed off-road driving so high mounted spot lights are less useful. My biggest worry is not noticing a dip or rock and misjudging my ground clearance. By having this light as low as possible, it brings the road texture into relief and I'm better able to judge the height of obstacles. That was my theory at least, and I'm happy that it seems to be working as intended.
How did you get the bar down into the lower front bumper, I've tried going in from the top with a 32 inch bar and had no luck.

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,522 Posts
Hello people, David - the guy who started the thread has NOT been back to this website, since Feb 2020..

You can continue to ask him questions, but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting them answered...

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.