Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just got the Touring Passport w/o a CD player. Not really a big deal as we are more of a Pandora/Spotify family. However, we occasionally would like the option of listening to a CD. We were told at the dealer that we "should" be able to plug in an external drive to the USB port and play it as an accessory. Have you tried this? If so which external drive would you recommend?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I do not know about using the USB port but you could just use the aux port inside the console and use a 3.5mm male to male cord to connect to the headphone jack of whatever CD player you have. I had an old small portable CD player in the garage and that is what I did. But still end up using Sirius more!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Copy your CD's to a USB, then use the USB to copy your music onto the built in Hard Drive in the radio. You now have your CD's stored in the radio and don't need a CD player at all.

Check the information for the My Honda Music which is a part of the radio. Here are a few links to discussions regarding the My Honda Music on this forum

My Honda Music

My Honda Music Part 2

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,815 Posts
I think I am one of the only people here who opted for the CD option, which I love, I make lots of "Collection" CD's in iTunes and don't want to load them in order to play them. CD's are easy and a CD full of MP3's can easily be 7-9 hours long...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts