Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure, how many others have discovered this yet, but Honda makes the worst Visors I have ever owned, in my Prelude I replaced them 3 or 4 times over the 10 years I drove it.

And they have carried their sub-par design over into the modern day Passport! I have already replaced BOTH Visors under warranty!

What happens over time is they get harder and harder to move and then eventually will not go all the way up flush against the roof/top.

So if yours is/are doing this, take it to your dealer and complain and demand (ask) for it/them to be replaced! My service advisor flat-out told me that ALL Honda Visors are cheap and don't last.

Now, if you do not use or seldom use your Visors, then you may be fine and not agree or even know what I am talking about. But for those of you who do use your Visors and also use it/them to hold your Sun Screen in place, then it's only a matter of time before yours go bad. Be sure to check yours before your warranty expires as they are up near $100 each to replace!

So thinking about this from an engineering/design/technical standpoint, a Honda visor has "X" number of uses (rotations up & down) before it starts binding and eventually stops being able to fully go up & down!

So I now try to only use my visors when I REALLY need them and I also came to the conclusion that using them to hold my Sun Screen in place nearly DOUBLED the number of times I needed to use them.

So, I replaced my thick and well-made Sun Screen with a cheap 2-piece wire frame-based setup, which DOES NOT require the Visors to be rotated down to hold in place. This should greatly extend the life of my Visors and yours as well should you use this style...

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

(Note: I also needed to go this route due to my custom mid-range speaker pods, in the corners).

·
Registered
2020 Touring AWD
4 Posts
Not sure, how many others have discovered this yet, but Honda makes the worst Visors I have ever owned, in my Prelude I replaced them 3 or 4 times over the 10 years I drove it.

And they have carried their sub-par design over into the modern day Passport! I have already replaced BOTH Visors under warranty!

What happens over time is they get harder and harder to move and then eventually will not go all the way up flush against the roof/top.

So if yours is/are doing this, take it to your dealer and complain and demand (ask) for it/them to be replaced! My service advisor flat-out told me that ALL Honda Visors are cheap and don't last.

Now, if you do not use or seldom use your Visors, then you may be fine and not agree or even know what I am talking about. But for those of you who do use your Visors and also use it/them to hold your Sun Screen in place, then it's only a matter of time before yours go bad. Be sure to check yours before your warranty expires as they are up near $100 each to replace!

So thinking about this from an engineering/design/technical standpoint, a Honda visor has "X" number of uses (rotations up & down) before it starts binding and eventually stops being able to fully go up & down!

So I now try to only use my visors when I REALLY need them and I also came to the conclusion that using them to hold my Sun Screen in place nearly DOUBLED the number of times I needed to use them.

So, I replaced my thick and well-made Sun Screen with a cheap 2-piece wire frame-based setup, which DOES NOT require the Visors to be rotated down to hold in place. This should greatly extend the life of my Visors and yours as well should you use this style...

View attachment 13777

(Note: I also needed to go this route due to my custom mid-range speaker pods, in the corners).
Hello, could you let me know where you purchased that sun screen? Hope it is something I could order online. Thanks!

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, could you let me know where you purchased that sun screen? Hope it is something I could order online. Thanks!
The two piece sun screen shown a couple posts before I got from Walmart for not much more than $11 bucks, works great and I NEVER have to rotate my Visors to hold it in place...!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Same sunscreen for me from walmart (without the lines). Bought on day 2 of ownership. Since it's not the daily driver, it sits outside (unfortunately) and those stay in the front while parked, along with the side window shades i made.

·
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My driver side visor barely moves and keeps getting stiffer. Would this be covered by the HondaCare Extended warranty also?
Better ask your dealer, but BOTH of my visors were replaced under the original 3-year warranty...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts