Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport AWD EX-L
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Passport back in April the dealership was putting the hard sell on me to buy an extended warranty. Think the price was about $1700. I was not about to make some snap decision on an extended warranty without reading all the fine points so I declined. Now, 6 months later and 8,000 miles, I'm wondering whether an extended warranty on a car with so many electronics would be a good idea. I'm generally not a fan of extended warranties but wonder what the cost would be if I had another infotainment failure or some other electronics failure after the Honda warranty expires.

Any thoughts on extended warranties and where to find the best offer if you are a believer in the extended warranty. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,322 Posts
lots of threads and talk here about them, maybe try a search (other than that, I'm not much help as I did not buy one...)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Ex-L
13 Posts
We bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase. If our last car is an indicator, we will be approaching 60,000 miles easily within 3 years. We expect that when we get to the mileage limits on the factory waranties, we will still have 3+ years left to pay on it. So it made sense for us. Plus, this transmission still concerns me. I went through two in a previous vehicle (2015 Jeep Cherokee) and it still ended up going back under the lemon law.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the Honda Care extended warranty. It's the first time in my life that I ever bought a warranty. My previous SUV was a 1992 For Explorer. I did a lot of repairs and mods on the Explorer, thanks to the "how to" on the Explorer Forum and the Haynes manual. However, vehicle technology is far more complicated today than it was in 1992. Everything is complex: the engine, AWD drivetrain and the electronics. Also, there doesn't seem to be anything like a Haynes manual available for the Passport. So, the safe bet was to pay the man up front so that later I can bring it in and say, "Fix it!" I satisfied myself with putting in the simple aftermarket stuff; floor mats, splash guards, window visors and a mount for a VHF/UHF ham antenna.

-Bob

·
Registered
325 Posts
I only bought extended warranty for the windshield, because of the sensors that have to be calibrated by Honda.

Reactions: LKSmith

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD Blue
28 Posts
I got a 5year / 100k mile Honda Care warranty from Saccucci Honda for $750. They have a bunch of different options. It was super easy and quick.

Saccucci Honda Extended Warranty

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a 5year / 100k mile Honda Care warranty from Saccucci Honda for $750. They have a bunch of different options. It was super easy and quick.

Saccucci Honda Extended Warranty
I'm looking at Hyannis Honda which for 6 yr./120K is about $100 cheaper than Saccucci. I've already got 8K miles so I think that put me in a more expensive category. Sounds like you got a really good price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info on this everyone. I'm also over 8k but interested in a plan.
Hyannis is my best price. I'm going to sign up with them soon. I also have over 8K miles. Someone has posted a link where you can see the options and prices. I tried to see if they would negotiate further, but no. What you see is what you get.

·
Super Moderator
2,322 Posts
Hyannis is my best price. I'm going to sign up with them soon. I also have over 8K miles. Someone has posted a link where you can see the options and prices. I tried to see if they would negotiate further, but no. What you see is what you get.
Id go talk to my local dealer show them the Hyannis price and see if they would match/beat it, since that's where I would be taking it for future repairs...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Id go talk to my local dealer show them the Hyannis price and see if they would match/beat it, since that's where I would be taking it for future repairs...
I called my local dealer. They wanted almost $1000 more than Hyannis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts