Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering purchasing the extended warranty on a 2019 Elite. Looking for feedback on prices paid vs. coverage received.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Recommend a search. There has been lots of discussion on this.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
797 Posts
After owning six Hondas, some for 100-200k miles, I find extended warranties a big waste of money. My suggestion..set up a vehicle savings account for major repairs, and do a monthly automatic transfer of $75 or so. After 5 years, you'll have $4,500 saved up. Keep contributing to that account until you sell the car. Whatever money is left over after any repairs, you can use it towards your down payment on your next car. Extended warranties on Hondas is rarely recommended. Do regular maintenance according to the owner's manual and your Honda will last for many years.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
After owning six Hondas, some for 100-200k miles, I find extended warranties a big waste of money. My suggestion..set up a vehicle savings account for major repairs, and do a monthly automatic transfer of $75 or so. After 5 years, you'll have $4,500 saved up. Keep contributing to that account until you sell the car. Whatever money is left over after any repairs, you can use it towards your down payment on your next car. Extended warranties on Hondas is rarely recommended. Do regular maintenance according to the owner's manual and your Honda will last for many years.

Best advise, right here!

Your Salesman will spend an hour telling you how great and reliable Honda vehicles are and then after you purchase it, the Finance guy drills you for 30 minutes on how you NEED the Extended warranty because of all the things that could go wrong. In a perfect world, I'd love to get the two of them together BEFORE you buy...lol

My Finance guy started at $2895 and was under $1800 the last time I turned it down!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shop around for honda extended warenty. When I bought my 2012 crv they wanted 1,200 for extended warranty.looked on line with different honda dealers and got it for $600.00

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had to listen to a description of every option, before they understood what no meant.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had to listen to a description of every option, before they understood what no meant.
Yeah, I agree with you and the others. More often than not those warranties are great money makers for the dealer. I remember buying one way back years ago, and the first couple times I tried to use it: "Oh, that's not covered". That's not to say they may do well for some people, but virtually every financial guru I've ever heard advises to avoid them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would suggest just getting it from your insurance provider, coz it will be a lot cheaper, not just extended warranty,also for GAP, your insurance company can provide these at a very very low price compared to dealers

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
To avoid wasting time bickering over extended warranties at a dealership, I simply tell the salesperson that if the finance guy mentions extended warranties once, the deal is over and I’m walking out. You can also tell the finance guy when u meet him, and say that you don’t want an extended warranty or any other extras, and you don’t want to listen to his sales pitch. Be upfront. As soon as he starts with the pitch, get up and start walking out. Tell him to respect your time, or they lose a customer. Quite simple.

·
Registered
88 Posts
To avoid wasting time bickering over extended warranties at a dealership, I simply tell the salesperson that if the finance guy mentions extended warranties once, the deal is over and I’m walking out. You can also tell the finance guy when u meet him, and say that you don’t want an extended warranty or any other extras, and you don’t want to listen to his sales pitch. Be upfront. As soon as he starts with the pitch, get up and start walking out. Tell him to respect your time, or they lose a customer. Quite simple.
Purchased my HondaCare $840 for 7 yrs. 80000 miles zero deductable

·
Registered
118 Posts
1600 cad for 6/160 roughly 1/2 price

·
Registered
11 Posts
The email stated honda care is the extended warranty, I received 2 quotes for 8 yrs/120k miles on 2019 passport with 0 deductible:
1. Curry honda care $1,485
2. Saccucci honda $1,660

I'm still waiting for 1 more quote from Honda of Keene.

Does anybody buy the warranty recently and how much it is?
Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tell them to show you the writing that says that it is a bumper to bumper extension of the original warranty.
Don't settle for a "Dealer named" plan, only look at and consider Factory Honda Warranties.

Call American Honda and ask them what their Factory Warranty extension is called.

Acura calls their Factory bumper to bumper extension "Acura Care" and you can buy it up until the day before the original Factory warranty expires.

Reactions: Surga7

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The email stated honda care is the extended warranty, I received 2 quotes for 8 yrs/120k miles on 2019 passport with 0 deductible:
1. Curry honda care $1,485
2. Saccucci honda $1,660

I'm still waiting for 1 more quote from Honda of Keene.

Does anybody buy the warranty recently and how much it is?
Thanks.
I believe the Curry price is the best you’re going to find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for inquiring with us about Honda Care Factory Extended Warranties
and Congratulations on the purchase of your 2019 Honda Passport.

Honda Care Extended Warranties cover all of the Electronics, all Mechanical parts, cost of Labor, Taxes and fluids and much more .

There are over TWENTY variations of Honda Care available.
I would like to be able to take the time to figure out which policy is the best one for you.

How long do you plan to keep the vehicle and how many miles a year will the vehicle be driven ?

That's what Honda of Keene said on the email and it would cost $1,290.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts