Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I have to add, I REALLY like the Passport. I finally got the app to work with my Elite and so far, things are getting better as my understanding of the features grows. The handling and MPG is great for the size and weight of the vehicle. And I am starting to enjoy a number of the safety features that at first were over the top for me.
At purchase, I also got the extended warranty from the dealer (Dent Wizard). The reason, my insurance company was on the fence about windshield replacement needing to be a Honda windshield. It is a great thing that I did get the Dent Wizard protection as around 4K miles a rock took out the windshield. No out of pocket expense and it is a Honda Windshield installed. However, the ritual to get the thing replaced was amazing. At first the DW rep didn't realize that they now replaced windshields rather than just filled with "goop." But with very little time, that was resolved. The next thing was working with SafeLite - WHAT A PAIN. The guy showed up at my house, came to me and said, "I can't replace that, I have a stock WS and that requires a Honda. When we order it you will have to come to the office so we can recalibrate the sensors." Three weeks later, multiple calls with Safelite and DW (DW was excellent by the way) the windshield got replace at Safelite and then I had to drive the vehicle to the Honda Dealer to get them to recalibrate the sensors. None of the expenses came out of my pocket but had I used my insurance company, it would have been 100% mine around $3k.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts