Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem.
My 2019 passport Elite will be in traffic waiting for light and will shut off and shift to neutral.Car then needs to be shut off and then restarted again to put into drive. This has happened several times. Took it to dealer and they could not find anything wrong. They offer to sell me an overpriced cabin air filter though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It sounds like you are not "disabling" the Engine Idle Stop function (turns off engine when the brake is fully pressed at a stop to "save" gas)? But even with this switch enabled the vehicle should remain in "D"rive and not switch to Neutral.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes happens when I do not disable that function. It is also silupposed to not shut off when AC is on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I want to say someone else has complained of it going into neutral.. maybe it was on the pilot forums too. I would like to know if this is a legit problem. I have it automated to turn off the idle stop when I turn the vehicle on and I never think twice about it anymore.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How did you do automate it?

this thread is very helpful. Cost $13 for the module, a few buttons to run the program after 5 seconds of power. Then you are able to still use the stock button to turn it back on or off again. No splicing or cutting to stock wires was done - just jamming in a wire into the plastic harness; this can be reversed rather easily. If you're a DIYer this was pretty easy.

or buy the $80 idlestopper product.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Or, you could use this free tool to turn it off each time you start. 👇

·
Registered
101 Posts
Or, you could use this free tool to turn it off each time you start. 👇
Seen this said before. Give me a break. We know that. Automate the boring stuff. Are you against the auto head lights? Auto locking of door at speed or shifting from park. Are you better than others using your finger to push the button? Zzz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not against any of the auto stuff, that is why I bought an Elite. But, just figure it is much easier and cheaper to use the tool that is literally "at hand" and do a little mental training to use it. Different stokes for different folks. You have a good day now😁

·
Registered
95 Posts
Should have said, different strokes for different folks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts