Honda Passport Forum banner

Engine Air Filter Latch

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  drumdudeguy 
#1 · (Edited)
I had some service done yesterday and the mechanics opened the engine air filter housing to see if the filter was dirty, but I ended up changing it out myself. Does anyone know if the back latch on the engine air filter is supposed to close? I can't seem to get the latch shut and am not sure if it ever worked, but suspect the technicians did something to it. It just doesn't have the reach to clamp down on the plastic part at the top, but I don't know if it ever was fastened because I have never changed the filter. The housing seems to be solidly secured without the third latch down anyway. This is a 2019 touring edition, see attached picture for reference. Thanks for your help.

See less See more
#8 ·
LOL, and this is when the service manager says you'll be getting a survey in your e-mail and would like to see all "10s" .

#11 ·
Curious.......what is there to service on a Honda? Had 'em for 40 years and never went in for service. You check your fluids, change your filters, change your oil. Brake rotors and pads maybe once in awhile. Of course, I always had a place to drain oil and I was limber enough to crawl under the vehicles. I've had good luck with Hondas! The more you can stay away from dealers, the better! ....dunno maybe just jinxed myself.........?:oops::coffee:

#12 ·
You are probably right in your observation, but that means one has to get their hands dirty and crawl under things. Not too many of the current generation interested in doing that. I'm too old to do it anymore myself, so go to the dealer for service. BUT, I have made an effort on my part to get to know the service advisors, picked one I liked and make sure he is the only one I talk to when I need service. I have actually been quite impressed with the service I have received and have made a point of telling the service advisor when things went well, just as I complain if I think things not done properly. More honey, less vinegar! 😁

Reactions: Beachbum07
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.