Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month and a half ago, I got an Emissions Control warning light that came on. It goes off sometimes but then comes back on. No biggie, the car still drives. About 3 weeks ago, it was cold (approx 35 degrees) and the Emissions light came on and a transmission warning that said to leave the car in park and turn it off. I can't shift the car out of park. If the car sits off for about 10 minutes, the car will start up and be able to shift. The emissions light stays on sometimes when this happens. I used a Maxicom OBD reader that came up with a P0657 code (actuator supply voltage circuit open). Went to the dealer and first they didn't find a code or could replicate the issue. They said come get it. When I went to pick it up, the valet couldn't get my car since he replicated the issue. Honda kept it and ran some tests. They checked the continuity of the wires on the transmission harness and found it good. They then replaced the TCU. Got it back 2 days later and it worked driving home (Saturday) when I parked it. Sunday morning it was about 30 degrees out. Started it and it came up with the same issue. Tried it again that evening and same problem. So I warmed up the car for 10 minutes, turned it off, waited 10 minutes and it was able to start and shift so I moved it in my driveway to get another car out. Monday morning, same temperature, same issue. Repeated the process of warming it up that evening and waiting 10 minutes, then it would shift. Brought it back to the dealership. Now they are changing the wiring harness to the transmission. Fingers crossed. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Should they be looking at something else? They haven't addressed the emissions warning at all. Why is this happening when its just cold out. Thanks.

·
Registered
750 Posts
In reference to P0657, actuators convert electrical signals into mechanical action, if the transmission is not engaging then the transmission actuator within the transmission case could be faulty hence the delayed response to electrical signals from the TCU. Ask the dealer to check that the entire transmission is okay instead of just the harness.

Not familiar with this this mix of issues but with the "Emission System Problem" notification the dealer should also check the fuel system as a separate problem because that message is typically related to the fuel system, @Mfl116 is the last person that reported an "Emission System Problem" notification here and he had a purge valve replaced to fix the issue but others who had their vehicle going into limp mode had to have their fuel rail and injectors replaced.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The 2019 had some early model issues where some metal ring would break causing some issues. Also there was some kind of software upgrade needed for the transmission.
I can see the transmission is broken and they need to open it up and replace some parts but usually Honda replaces the whole thing since it's made my ZF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts