Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
42 Posts
In addition to most of the tools mentioned ( metric sockets, ratchets, extensions, couple kind of pliers, straps, zip ties, screw drivers, etc), the planks of wood area really good idea for jacking on soft ground. Air compressor, some way to charge cell phone. Also a come-along I used to always carry.
-Fire extinguisher-- even if it's just the small aeresol size is better than nothing.
- In glove box I used to always carry extra fuses, couple of glow sticks.
-For those of us in snow country the kitty litter can be useful as mentioned. Comes in a container about the size of an antifreeze jug.
-Grandfors bruk mini hatchet- I love that thing
-Mora knife- cheap and very capable.
-bailing type wire
-space/emergency blankets
-Windproof lighter/matches and fire starter material ( I like fat wood or homemade vaseline cotton balls)
-jb weld
-plumbers candle- if you have to end up sleeping in vehicle helps not being totally dark and gives a few degrees of temperature improvement. Should always have window cracked open a little.
-Ones preferred snack(s)- MRE, granola bars- I like payday candy bars and they hold up to the heat pretty good and don't melt.
-surplus type wool blanket
-couple of large black trash bags- if you need to lay on wet ground, so worth it.
-flashlight and/or headlamp with still in the package batteries.

I used to keep most of these things in a backpack so everything is one place.

I have NOTHING in the PP right now but will put together a kit soon. These are just some of the things I used to carry.

·
Registered
2019 Elite Black Forest
42 Posts
yes- I love them . So reasonable priced and a very good knife. But if you have to abuse it, it's not like it's a big deal cause there isn't a big price tag associated with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't mention the knife I carry in the vehicle because is it expensive and hard to come by. I carry an MC-1 aircrew survival knife. The harness cutter has come in handy on more than one occasion.

For personal survival all of that gear is kept in my backpack so it is grab and go if necessary.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi all. I’m just wondering? If I want to carry a set of emergency tools. For instance end wrenches and sockets. Are all the fasteners on a 2020 Passport metric?
Yes, metric for Honda/Acura. Most of the world has moved to metric.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dude. Thank you for your answer and your knowledge. Without getting long winded about it. I’m a Track and Field Nut. So I certainly know the rest of the world is Metric. We have threatened to do the same since I was a youngster. We are too stubborn and obstinate to convert. I mean why would we would operate with a system based on multiples of ten. Rather than the size of some fat old kings foot. End of story. But knowing the tools are metric keeps me from packing around sae for no reason at all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cell Phone + Credit Card ;)

Reactions: mtgriff

·
Registered
6 Posts
All good suggestions. I carry much of the recommended equipment, which will often help you get other people out of trouble. I plan to add spare bulbs and fuses. I also suggest mechanics gloves or good quality work gloves. I also carry a heavy duty tarp in the spare tire compartment. The tarp is for kneeling or lying on when changing a tire or crawling under the vehicle. Some kind of traction mats, purchased or homemade, if you live in snow, mud, or sand country.

-Bob

·
Registered
2019 AWD Passport, EX-L, Silver with black interior
14 Posts
GiantsFan70 - I too like to carry a set of tools with me...I have screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, adjustable channel locks, pliers, multi-tool in a tool bag..Also, tow strap, jumper cables, duct tape, rain suit, wind breaker, camping type shovel, fire extinguisher, leather gloves,and a hammer. I like the suggestion of a breaker bar in the kit. I'm an Eagle Scout so it is hard to leave stuff out since I always want to Be Prepared. :)
I too am an old Eagle scout (from 1973) and carry more than I'll need but feel better having it than not. As with the above tools, I have a 2 x 6 x 12" treated board to set the jack on if I'm off-road. Also have a good tire plug kit and a good portable 12v Karcher compressor that I added a hose of my own design (this I use in a 1 tom Ford transit too, so it'll pump to 150 PSI and will fill a passport tire fast!).
Add a Remington shotgun to the back compartment along with trailering hitch stuff as we camp in bear country a lot, (with slugs and Buckshot) and a canister of bear spray in the console, as well as a .45 caliber Glock and a few magazines. (Permits to carry valid in most states too). With the activities going on in the world nowadays you can't be too careful!
The firepower is a personal choice and I hope nobody takes it the wrong way but here are a lot of young strong kids beating up old farts like me, so it puts me on more equal footing!.
Might add some tire cables, will have to see if I have a need. Duct tape and some rope too, a couple poly tarps and a bag of long zip ties.
There is a bit less room than my 08 Pilot but the handling on the Passport is fabulous!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts