Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

"White" or "Modern Steel Metallic" on the Elite Passport. Can't decide. Like them both.

Has anyone seen these both in person? (I have not)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've always liked white cars and have driven white daily drivers for decades. So maybe it's that I just need a change, but I think that the white Passport would look better without all that black trim - a bit too much contrast for me.

I think the gray looks fantastic - it will be gray or silver for me. Tough call. Glad I don't have to decide today. ;)

Obviously, YMMV.

·
978 Posts
I've seen both up close and personal at my local dealer, I really like the Modern Steel, but White & Silver are my two fall back colors. The only problem with White (for me) is that my wife and daughter BOTH have White cars...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the silver and like it a lot. Some contrast, but not too much. Modern steel was my second choice, saw them side by side. Just liked silver a little more. Can’t go wrong with either. Mine is Elite with black interior.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought pearl black. The modern steel metallic was a close second. I love the white too and it was third on my list. They had the black in the elite trim that I wanted so Inwent with that. I think the modern steel looks more off road and sports look. The white seems more family. I probably crazy. Can’t go wrong with either. The black trim really pops out with the white paint. Good luck with you decision.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went in with the intention of getting black. The showroom model was modern steel which looked good. Then they pulled up the white one and I was sold. I for one love the contrast with the white and black.

·
978 Posts
Yep, then you know exactly where I coming from... (lol)
I don't wash my car often enough to get black :) or anything similar. Nope, it's gonna be White or Grey (Modern Steel) for me.
I agree and will take your statement a bit farther: I'm would never buy black as I'm to lazy to wash my car that often!

Going back over 30 years, none of my cars have even gone to a car wash, it's always me and always by hand...

·
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then they pulled up the white one and I was sold. I for one love the contrast with the white and black.
I must admit, I do love the contrast of the white and black. Plus a white car will be a little bit cooler (temperature) than a dark grey car. AND we've got 2 other dark grey cars. As much as I like the looks of the dark grey Passport (and I do) something is telling me to go with the white. Tough call.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I owned a CRV with the Modern Steal Metallic , it hide the dirt well.. If it looked dirty, it was very dirty. I now own a HRV that is the Luner Silver Metallic, it also hides the dirt well..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Right now I prefer the Modern Steel Metallic. I have had white vehicles in the past and they always look good, and do not show the dirt as much. The one problem I have with white is the visibility of the car in the winter, it blends in with the snow.

·
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now I prefer the Modern Steel Metallic. I have had white vehicles in the past and they always look good, and do not show the dirt as much. The one problem I have with white is the visibility of the car in the winter, it blends in with the snow.
Funny, visibility (and therefore safety) is one of my considerations. White is for sure more visible than Modern Steel if not in the snow (and we don't get snow here). Now if you want a color where you can "blend in" or hide or NOT be visible, I think Modern Steel fits the bill perfectly. :)

EDIT -- I just realized that with all the black trim and the black wheels (at least on the Elite) the White Passport is probably pretty visible in the snow as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
[QUOTE="SoundsGood, post: 5123, member: 21"
EDIT -- I just realized that with all the black trim and the black wheels (at least on the Elite) the White Passport is probably pretty visible in the snow as well.[/QUOTE]

Where we live we get total whiteouts and a white car even with black trim is almost invisible in our blowing snow storms. It is hard enough to see an all dark car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts