Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this clear bra put on today before all my road trips. Was going to wait until I got home the end of June, but Craig at Elite Clear Bra wouldn’t let me drive my Elite on the highway without protection!

If you are ever in need and in the OC,CA area - they do amazing work and you should for sure check them out!

Love the small shop vibe vs a big corporate company!
6A22B1A7-EAD3-4142-ACE5-AA53CEA020A0.jpeg
AC920072-90E0-4E20-A89F-35138CFAEF2F.jpeg

Reactions: stevenD and Gil

·
Registered
154 Posts
I believe and support entrepreneurship but I have never had a need for a grille/front end cover nor the trouble of installing or removing one.
Also, never drive behind trucks.;):unsure:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe and support entrepreneurship but I have never had a need for a grille/front end cover nor the trouble of installing or removing one.
Also, never drive behind trucks.
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere with no vehicles ever in front of you for miles, good luck to you not getting any rock chips on your car,

Because the Toyota Prius that was just in front of me, threw up a rock - - go figure!

And no I’m not an idiot who drives a 10 feet behind a semi truck!l, Then gets mad when the rock hit my car!

·
461 Posts
I also have clear bra protection for certain bits and a larger wind deflector for other bits as I’m a believer and I’m about to enter major bug season and heavy cabin season so I will take the assist / plus have had previous SUVs that have looked pretty bad after a few years without some protection. Granted, I don’t baby my vehicles ? ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now that your on your road trip, what do you think of the Clear Bra. I’m thinking about hitting up your guy. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that your on your road trip, what do you think of the Clear Bra. I’m thinking about hitting up your guy. Thanks in advance.
I had the added security of knowing my new passport would not have the rock chips like my CRV. I think it looks no different. And what Elite did differently than other companies was they wrapped the edges of the hood, fenders, even door cups (where you could scratch it with your 10karat diamonds)...and the backside of the cargo space where things can get dragged across. I’ll be able to wash it Monday AM before my next trip to Ventura, and really tell. But I think it’s going to be so helpful. Plus it has a 10 year warranty thru XPEL.

Reactions: Gil

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,123 Posts
The problem with being on the road with a clear bra (XPL Film) is that you will probably never know it is working. The film is self-healing, so any little rock hits will get resealed, that is the awesome part about it. I got it on my last car (328i) and the front-end was perfect when I sold it, which allowed me to get top dollar for the car, so you can also think of it as a form or insurance.

I got it on my Passport as I plan to keep this thing for 10+ years and want to keep it looking good. You can check ours out when/if we meet if you like, but I'm telling you it is as good as advertised, in fact I would love to do my entire car!

And Elite Clear Bra in HB, knows their stuff, you can see all the positive reviews (including mine from 2015) on their YELP page...!

Cheers...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the added security of knowing my new passport would not have the rock chips like my CRV. I think it looks no different. And what Elite did differently than other companies was they wrapped the edges of the hood, fenders, even door cups (where you could scratch it with your 10karat diamonds)...and the backside of the cargo space where things can get dragged across. I’ll be able to wash it Monday AM before my next trip to Ventura, and really tell. But I think it’s going to be so helpful. Plus it has a 10 year warranty thru XPEL.
Thanks for the info. I’m definitely gonna call him based on yours and StevenD’s experience and recommendation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The problem with being on the road with a clear bra (XPL Film) is that you will probably never know it is working. The film is self-healing, so any little rock hits will get resealed, that is the awesome part about it. I got it on my last car (328i) and the front-end was perfect when I sold it, which allowed me to get top dollar for the car, so you can also think of it as a form or insurance.

I got it on my Passport as I plan to keep this thing for 10+ years and want to keep it looking good. You can check ours out when/if we meet if you like, but I'm telling you it is as good as advertised, in fact I would love to do my entire car!

And Elite Clear Bra in HB, knows their stuff, you can see all the positive reviews (including mine from 2015) on their YELP page...!

Cheers...
Thank you for chiming in! We definitely need to have a PP OC meetup when ProdGirl gets back!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I put film protection (front painted surfaces and headlights) on my 06 Pilot when it was new and it has sure helped. Driving in CO in the winter can shred paint and windshields. I think they use something like crushed granite when it snows. Very sharp, fine pieces of rock.

·
Super Moderator
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
3,123 Posts

·
3,123 Posts
Dude or dudette, I love your forum name as I’m a big MN Vikings fan here and just had to quote
LOL, see in So. Cal. the Lakers are Purple and Gold...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just washed the PP myself for the second time and for the second time have found new damage to the paint on the front end. Really wishing I had gone paint protection before ceramic coating now. Oh well. At least it's white and not too noticeable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dude or dudette, I love your forum name as I’m a big MN Vikings fan here and just had to quote ? ?
My condolences on the events that lead up to 2/4/2018. #flyeaglesfly

·
3,123 Posts
Just washed the PP myself for the second time and for the second time have found new damage to the paint on the front end. Really wishing I had gone paint protection before ceramic coating now. Oh well. At least it's white and not too noticeable.

I'ts not too late to have that Clear XPL (Bra) put on...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts