Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting some aftermarket things done to our 2009 Passport EXL...I'm putting my after market hitch & wiring on...I also want to make the rear power port plug HOT + all the time, so when using our 12 volt cooler it runs when the key is off...Does anyone know if there is a dedicated relay for just the rear power plug??? If there is I can easily install a jumper wire in place of the relay and it will work like I want....

Second option for this is I see there is a heavy RED wire in the trailer wiring harness plug...I tested it after installing the 20A fuse in #11 position of the under the hood fuse box which is labeled tri charge...This RED wire did not get hot + after fuse was installed and as far as I can tell with a test light it never gets 12 volts...This heavy red wire MIGHT be an excellent source for 12 V power for my power plug if I knew what it was for AND KNEW WHERE TO ACTIVATE IT...It ends in the vehicle end of the trailer wiring plug, It does not continue on to the trailer connection plug...

My third option is to run a dedicated fused wire back to the battery,,,This is a major PIA with all the skid plates and other obstructions...This is the way I put a 12 V plug in my 2018 Ridgeline...

So I need someone that has access to an electrical schematic...

Now back to the mud flaps, hood shield, vent visors, trailer wiring, trailer wiring plug & hitch...The fun never ends...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I put a 30 A fuse in the T2 loction...This made the heavy red wire hot + with the key off, in the trailer wiring vehicle plug end...I then made up a short jumper with 12 g. wire to connect the cargo power socket...I now have 12 V. at that socket all the time to run our 12 V cooler with the key off or on...

Got the vent shades on, the splash guards, hood deflector & trailer hitch on today...Tomorrow I will finish up adapting my 7 pin RV socket to my 4 wire flat set up without any type of adapters...I will be all hard wired with sodered and shrink tubing connections...

THANK YOU Jermboy777 for the Alldata schematic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts