Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
85 Posts
I turned eco mode off about two minutes after I drove off the lot but I’ve been a good boy and used the auto engine stop. It took a little getting used to but now I hardly notice it.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been intrigued about the idea of using a VCM muzzler and looking at the install information, this causes me to pause my interest in the product.

"Engine Coolant Alarm Feature - can automatically trigger a check engine light upon the vehicle exceeding 212F which also provides an audible VSA alarm to inform the driver of a critical situation that may require pulling the vehicle over to prevent engine damage."

·
Registered
31 Posts
BTW what kind of gas are you all using for your passport. Is there a difference in performance between regular and premium?
I would say no. When I was on the original Ridgeline forum we had a Honda engineer who would come on the site frequently. Honda recommeded using premium fuel if you were towing more than 3500 lb. It would add 10HP. He also said that if you were not towing it made no difference in power or mpg.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
The funny thing about using a higher octane gasoline is that it doesn't actually provide more power than the proper octane fuel. What it does do it reduce the instances of pre ignition by the fuel. In a normal vehicle devoid of mechanical issues with the engine, putting it under stress, such as towing can lead to pre ignition issues. Thus the recommendation in the past for using premium when towing.

As to Honda's recommendation for the Ridgeline, that is a question I will ask the Honda service manager the next time I am in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried Econ for the first time recently after owning my Passport since mid-March. After only a few miles I decided to turn off the Econ mode and never turn it on again.
if i wanted a slower vehicle, i would have bought a 4 banger, econ button once, never again

·
Registered
26 Posts
We took a little ride in the PP. and got almost 26 going to Ebensburg,Pa. from 7 miles west of Blairsville,Pa.through the hills and I pushed the button going home and got 31.4..... So I guess it works..... My 2017 CRV touring got 28 and 38 coming back.... So the PP. is better than they rate it and it only has 900 miles on it....

·
Registered
2019 Touring, White Diamond Pearl
23 Posts
We took a little ride in the PP. and got almost 26 going to Ebensburg,Pa. from 7 miles west of Blairsville,Pa.through the hills and I pushed the button going home and got 31.4.....
I have learned the same thing. Always turn off "E" button when doing normal driving, but on longer distances on freeway I also use "E" and see significant improvement in mpg, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think once I get it broke in and when the temps. get up a little it will do better. I like you I don't use E button around home much it doesn't seem to do anything while it is warming up on short trips around town but let it go on the 4 lane it works good.....

41 - 58 of 58 Posts