Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
For me, the only purpose of the Econ mode is to demonstrate what the Passport feels like with an underpowered engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BTW what kind of gas are you all using for your passport. Is there a difference in performance between regular and premium?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I tried using the ECON mode for a bit, and I hate it 🤬🤬. Also, I wish that we could fully disable the stop-start feature. 🤔

·
Registered
123 Posts
BTW what kind of gas are you all using for your passport. Is there a difference in performance between regular and premium?
I actually use 93 octane or premium. I’m getting 20-21 mpg without Econ mode fir my 8 mile trek to work; back roads country, two lanes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm guessing that each of your destinations happens to be at the bottom of along hill. ;)
Exactly what i was thinking lol. Ive never had it that high over that amount of distance. For a short time i can get it over 30 mpgs, but as it averages out, i come back down to around 19-21 . Sometimes even as low as 16

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 3883
Here is hard evidence w/o Econ
I have very similar numbers when using Economy mode on my 2020 Touring. When I drive from home (6,000' elevation) to work (4,300' elevation), I put it on cruise (around 68-70 mph) and average 31.3 MPG. When I drive back home and increase my elevation by 1,700 feet, I tend to average 25.8 - 26.2 MPG using Economy mode. I haven't tried my highway driving without Econ mode yet, but I can say it definitely changes my driving behaviors and softens my lead foot.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have very similar numbers when using Economy mode on my 2020 Touring. When I drive from home (6,000' elevation) to work (4,300' elevation), I put it on cruise (around 68-70 mph) and average 31.3 MPG. When I drive back home and increase my elevation by 1,700 feet, I tend to average 25.8 - 26.2 MPG using Economy mode. I haven't tried my highway driving without Econ mode yet, but I can say it definitely changes my driving behaviors and softens my lead foot.
On the interstates, switching to Sport mode and hitting the gas you can feel all 280 horses running free.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
My Passport is so sluggish with the ECON button pushed, I feel like I'll get killed if I leave it on and try to cross a street. Feels like my HP drops from 280 to 80!! My 2017 Accord was barely noticeable when the button was pushed.
And just where is it you figure Honda owners get junk yard parts for their vehicles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just traded in my CRV on a new PP. and am still on the first tank and with ECON I'm doing better than expected. Each trip is getting better in freezing weather and have hit 28 and as low as 22, so I feel it will get better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only had the Passport for a short time, but after doing some tests found the Econ button is better used in stop and go driving, And shutting it off when driving on the highway or freeway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am only on my second tank of gas myself, but it is doing better than what I see people getting without using it and the I use the engine shut off also and am very pleased with the results. It is not as good as my 2017 CR V but it is easier on me getting in and outing a lot more room and no gas in the oil.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have averaged 20 - 21 mpg since purchasing my PP in October and never run in Econ mode ( 50-50 between city and highway driving). Since Christmas I installed a VCM tuner because I purchased the PP with a V6 not a V4 or V3. The wear and tear that is put on the engine with dropping and adding cylinders while running just to get a better mpg rating isn't worth it to me. I can say that the engine runs much smoother as a V6 that it was designed to be. And the fact that my mpg didn't change from Oct - Dec vs Dec - Mar, is a win win for me.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
I've never pushed that button.
Oh come on, you know you want to. You really want to just once in your life. You know you can't go through the rest of your life with out pushing the button. What are you going to say when you are older and everyone else is talking about the thrill the got pushing the button.

Go ahead, be naughty, push the button............... You know you want to.

Don't let BPD (Button Push Disorder) ruin you driving life. Take control of the situation and push the button. If you have trouble with BPD, see your mechanic for a private no obligation consultation.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts