Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2020 Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
334 Posts
Are you aware what the owners manual says about the negative connection for jumping? Page 625 with photo of the proper connection.
“Connect the other end of the second
jumper cable to the engine hanger as
shown. Do not connect this jumper cable to
any other part.”

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes I am. The top plastic engine cover would have to be removed to gain access. This is just a quick connection, mainly for trickle charging or quick boosting in a pinch. I’ve had the air box and battery cover off. I’ve previously greased both the positive and negative connections as a preventative maintenance measure. It just so happens that the battery ground runs to the unibody frame among other locations including the block. As a licensed mechanic I’m confident that this will not harm my passport.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes I’m am. The plastic engine cover would have to be removed to gain access. This is just a quick connection, mainly for trickle charging or quick boosting in a pinch. I’ve have had the the air box and battery cover off. I’ve previously greased both the positive and negative connections as a preventative maintenance measure. It just so happens that the battery ground runs to the unibody frame among other locations including the block. As a licensed mechanic I’m confident that this will not harm my passport.
PS. Honda installs many a plastic cover to discourage regular folk from messing with them. This includes the front hood cover that hides access to the rad cap. Kinda silly.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
315 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts