Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of all of the dust on the center console, so I got rid of the piano black. I'll probably remove more of the piano black once I figure out how to tear the dash apart:
Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 3.18.25 PM.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plasti-Dip. Had to figure out how to pull the wireless charger out, but once I got that pulled I was able to remove the 2 screws under it and pull the whole console out by lifting it up with a little force. The color is selenite gray.

·
461 Posts
Looks pretty good/I keep a swifter duster for the piano black for the dust and it works pretty well but fingerprints are my issue / I have used plast-dip on my Wrangler for outside only / how does the inside feel? tacky??? It was on my antenna and tacky but was fine on my spare - hope this makes sense

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slightly tacky, but not bad. I got it done and put it back together before it was fully cured and my phone's case rubbed against it causing an imperfection towards the back center while putting the phone in the center console. I may pull it again and throw another coat on, it but for now it's good. I'm so much more happy with it not being piano black that even the slight screw up doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was concerned about Plasti-Dip smell on interior components, but there is no smell after its dried for about 4-6 hours.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks pretty good/I keep a swifter duster for the piano black for the dust and it works pretty well but fingerprints are my issue / I have used plast-dip on my Wrangler for outside only / how does the inside feel? tacky??? It was on my antenna and tacky but was fine on my spare - hope this makes sense
ZEISS lens wipes...get it at Walmart

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying all the grey trim pieces to replace the piano black trim, including the piece that runs along the whole dash. Much happier now, and I think it looks much better than having black everywhere. It also a nice addition to the grey seats...
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 2.57.09 PM.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Get some acetone and rub it in on the piano black plastic finish. I take no responsibility for this suggestion. Use caution, handle carefully. :devilish:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought them all from hondapartsguys.com. Here are the parts that I purchased:

77220-TG7-A01ZA Garnish Assembly, Passenger NH854L (New Middle Silver)
83553-TG7-A01ZA Trim Assembly, L Front Door Lining*NH854L* (New Middle Silver)
83503-TG7-A01ZA Trim Assembly, R Front Door Lining*NH854L* (New Middle Silver)
77295-TG7-C21ZA Panel Assembly, Console NH900L (Deep Black)

Just change the model of the Passport to either the Sport or EX-L models and you'll be able to find the parts. The only trim I couldn't find a part number for was the one to the left of the steering wheel, but I was able to color match it with a can of primer and Dupli-Color paint I picked up at the auto parts store (BFM0360 Dark Shadow Gray).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The doors are easy if you've had experience popping door panels off. The trim pieces are screwed in, so once you have the door panel off just unscrew the old and screw in the new one.

The center lower console was a PITA because of the wireless charger. You have to use a trim removal tool to force the wireless charger out from the back of it. Once you pop the wireless charger up, disconnect it and move it to the side. You will then see the two screws holding the back of the center console in place.

Here's a good video showing the removal of the main center piece:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you purchase the grey trim pieces?
I went ahead and bought all the trim pieces (including to the piece to the left of the steering wheel as well as the trim piece on the steering wheel) After I received them I decided not to install them and just stick to the piano black. I want to sell the whole set of all the gray trim pieces. Anyone here interested in buying? I have both pieces for the door panels, the center console cup holder/shifter piece, the main garnish piece across the dash, the small piece to the left of the steering wheel and the center garnish piece on the steering wheel. I would be shipping from Idaho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The doors are easy if you've had experience popping door panels off. The trim pieces are screwed in, so once you have the door panel off just unscrew the old and screw in the new one.

The center lower console was a PITA because of the wireless charger. You have to use a trim removal tool to force the wireless charger out from the back of it. Once you pop the wireless charger up, disconnect it and move it to the side. You will then see the two screws holding the back of the center console in place.

Here's a good video showing the removal of the main center piece:
I found it a lot easier to remove the wireless charger when you have the garnish piece from across the dashboard taken off, and unscrew the four screws from the console piece directly above the wireless charger (the piece with the usb, outlet and buttons for heating/cooling seats.) once unscrewed and lifted up you can reach back and lift up on the back of the wireless charger and it comes up much more easily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plasti-Dip. Had to figure out how to pull the wireless charger out, but once I got that pulled I was able to remove the 2 screws under it and pull the whole console out by lifting it up with a little force. The color is selenite gray.
I got tired of all of the dust on the center console, so I got rid of the piano black. I'll probably remove more of the piano black once I figure out how to tear the dash apart: View attachment 1155
How did you figure out how to remove all the trim without breaking it to replace it with the gray you bought?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had experience from my car stereo days. This PDF has some good info on how to remove all the pieces needed to replace the center console:

On the doors you'll have to pull each door panel off and unscrew the trim pieces from the back side.

If you don't have experience doing any of this I would highly suggest leaving it to a pro. While the door panels are pretty easy to remove, the center console and dash disassembly is pretty involved and not for the faint of heart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts