Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seats are down all the time, the only time I put them up is on the rare occasion someone is going to be sitting in the back. My reasons include:
1) Gives me a very unobstructed view out the back window, when driving, with no head-rests in the way.
2) Gives my speakers (in the rear quarter panel and sub) a more direct path to the front, with no seats in the way to obstruct my music!
3) Kinda feels like a pickup track as it is just a flat bed back behind the front seats.
4) It may serve to protect the rear seats (even though the windows are tinted).
5) It allows for better storage, I carry a large cooler/lunch box and laptop to and from work and instead of putting it in the very back or setting them on the rear seating, they sit on the area on the back of the folded down seat behind the driver.

So anyone else do this on a regular basis?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is a mammoth looking cargo area with the seats down. Like a pickup with a topper. I’m a seat up guy in my suv but to each his own. Do you strap down the big cooler or does the cargo mat keep it in place. I always carry a blanket in mine as well to protect the carpet when the seats are down and I have to use that area.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m currently cleaning out an old family house before we sell it and I’m finding my rear seats are pretty much down all the time as well. I had previously purchased a cargo area cover that ties to the rear seat head rests, goes down the seat backs and across the cargo area. With the seats down it actually stretches the entire length and covers/protects everything including the second seat backs. It’s even water proof so I have found myself throwing some pretty nasty stuff in the back of the car and when done, just wash the cargo cover and everything is good as new. I never really thought about the benefits of the music, etc. Will listen a little better next time. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is a cargo protector that was sold for dogs at paw.com. It's not overly expensive and I actually have it in 2 cars (Passport and CR-V) and it works great. We were hauling a gas can in the back one day that tipped over and the protector totally protected the inside of the car. It's also machine washable. It's one of the best accessories I've purchased. I'll try to include a photo. It's a little too large for the CR-V (it still works) but fits the Passport quite nicely. I think it measures about 52x85 or something like that. This site also sells some other nice accessories for your car, especially if you have pets.

IMG_1306.jpg

·
Registered
429 Posts
It is a cargo protector that was sold for dogs at paw.com. It's not overly expensive and I actually have it in 2 cars (Passport and CR-V) and it works great. We were hauling a gas can in the back one day that tipped over and the protector totally protected the inside of the car. It's also machine washable. It's one of the best accessories I've purchased. I'll try to include a photo. It's a little too large for the CR-V (it still works) but fits the Passport quite nicely. I think it measures about 52x85 or something like that. This site also sells some other nice accessories for your car, especially if you have pets.

View attachment 6808
Paws.com is now linked to a UK web site.

·
Registered
2019 Touring AWD Lunar Silver/Black Leather
13 Posts
I have my rear seats down all the time for many of the same reasons. Be sure that the seat belts are in proper position to avoid an impression in the leather (2019 Touring). My preference is Honda Accessories and purchased the all weather floor mats, cargo tray, cargo organizer, and cargo net. The cargo organizer is expensive in comparison to an aftermarket item, but, it's a perfect fit with attachment clips which makes it worth it. After trial and error, I positioned the cargo organizer on the driver's side length wise to make it easier to load items in the open area of the cargo space and not have to reach over it. I leave the cargo net in place but really don't use it very often. I like having options when it comes time to haul items. The cargo organizer is great for some groceries and not have the plastic bags scatter across the cargo tray while driving. If I do happen to have rear passengers (not often) it's very convenient to use the push buttons to lower the seat backs again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can order official OEM folding cargo cover and second seat back protectors from discounted Honda online dealers like Hondapartsnow, conicellihonda, bernardihonda. Recommend the sear back protectors too.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
141 Posts
Or you could have bought a gently used Dodge Magnum...😉

Awful vehicle,

·
Registered
13 Posts
I drive with my rear seats down also in my 2019 Passport Sport AWD. I use the cargo area to haul cargo.

I'll note that I do have the side cargo protectors, Part# 08P42-TGS-100A , which I installed. I am ordering the rear seat protectors from Bernardi Honda Parts, Part# 08P42-TGS-100B along with side protectors and rear seat protectors for my wife's 2020 Pilot Elite. Bernardi's prices are a little higher than Conicelli's and Honda Parts Now, but Bernardi ships the $224 in parts for free and Conicelli wants $232 to ship $194 in parts and HNP wants $131 to ship $199 in parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My seats are down all the time, the only time I put them up is on the rare occasion someone is going to be sitting in the back. My reasons include:
1) Gives me a very unobstructed view out the back window, when driving, with no head-rests in the way.
2) Gives my speakers (in the rear quarter panel and sub) a more direct path to the front, with no seats in the way to obstruct my music!
3) Kinda feels like a pickup track as it is just a flat bed back behind the front seats.
4) It may serve to protect the rear seats (even though the windows are tinted).
5) It allows for better storage, I carry a large cooler/lunch box and laptop to and from work and instead of putting it in the very back or setting them on the rear seating, they sit on the area on the back of the folded down seat behind the driver.

So anyone else do this on a regular basis?

View attachment 6801

View attachment 6802
I do this occasionally, but to protect rear seat backs Honda offers plastic protective panels. I ordered a set recently, and look forward to ease of use with the seat backs down.

·
Registered
26 Posts

View attachment 6808

Here’s another option for a cargo cover, that I originally found on the CR-V forum. It works well:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do this occasionally, but to protect rear seat backs Honda offers plastic protective panels. I ordered a set recently, and look forward to ease of use with the seat backs down.
I put those on my 2019 Pilot with the second row bench seat. I really like them and they installed pretty easily. Biggest obstacle was what drill bit to use for attaching them. Read my posts #1 and #2 in the linked topic below. I saved a lot of money by using something other than what Honda said to use.

We have a Germain Shepard mix who travels with us almost everywhere. I have had them in place now for almost 18 months. They are holding up well. The third seat is always folded down so I put the Honda protector which is removable back there.

Installing seat back protectors

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone need a set of the rear seat protectors, I have a brand new extra set to get rid of for a good price. Just make me a reasonable offer and add actual USPS shipping charge to your location.
20200816_134010.jpg
20200816_134025.jpg 20200816_134010.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts