Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, am looking at & LOVE Passport in all the test drives & for all the many features & as such the value it represents.

BUT.

The front of the driver seat - for me - needs to tilt a bit more downward. (front of seat cushion needs to go lower - tilt more)

No matter what I can't get it completely out of the back of my thighs - which has the effect of making my leg a bit uncomfortable - borderline numb.. On some cars I can tilt the seat a lot more forward which takes this pressure off. As I've had a clot before in my leg I am very sensitive to this issue.

I have found lowering the seat generally helps - but still.. Wish it could pitch/tilt more down in the front somehow.

Anyone else with this issue or "wish"? Any ideas how it might be addressed? I could put a support (like a pad or something) towards the rear of the seat cushion - although that seems weird to do on a nice vehicle.

Hate to "pass" on a Passport - but just may have to..

THANK YOU very much for any replies, thoughts, opinions.. 馃榾 john

Registered
Would raising the rear where it mounts to the floor address your problem? I did this on a Tacoma pickup a few years back. I used some longer bolts and a handful of washers.

2019 Touring: since March-2019
Is the Passport the only vehicle that you have ever encountered that digs into the backs of your legs??

Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
I have that issue as well. After adjusting the seat somewhat, it mostly alleviates the issue. The front of the seat does need to be able to tilt down more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Is the Passport the only vehicle that you have ever encountered that digs into the backs of your legs??
Thanks for your reply..

it's the FRONT of the seat UNDER my legs that's the issue for me.. I need it to tilt the FRONT of the seat further DOWN.

And no, some other vehicles do it too - but many don't. It's a fair split. For short trips it's ok - but I would want this to drive to the beach, or other trips like that while I still can. And I'm 6-2" 230 athletic old guy build with - so not skinny - but certainly not fat either..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would raising the rear where it mounts to the floor address your problem? I did this on a Tacoma pickup a few years back. I used some longer bolts and a handful of washers.
Since posting this I've looked into this a bit.. Seems potentially do-able.. Presuming the seat is held down with 4 bolts like most previous Honda's I've had - getting some 1" to 1.5" height of spacers or thick washers & appropriately longer (class10.9 strength) bolts in the back might just be the trick. Wouldn't want to lift the back any more than that.

Kind of want to be sure this is something I could actually do before signing the deal though.. Thanks for your reply.

Registered
I have similar issues but it wasn't a deal breaker. I had clot in my right leg, after I bought it, not entirely related though it may be related to driving A LOT. I have a 1" gel cushion I use on longer trips that seems to do the trick well (and also helps my Sciatica). But I'm curious if anyone tries what you said.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have similar issues but it wasn't a deal breaker. I had clot in my right leg, after I bought it, not entirely related though it may be related to driving A LOT...
It definitely could be the combination of both.. The vein that clots in a DVT runs down the inside/back of the leg & can be impeded by pressure created by precisely the issue we are discussing. The pressure, along with length of time of the pressure, further aggravated by any factor that increases one's propensity to clot (injury or surgery, FactorV Leiden, big legs [me], etc) creates a potentially serious medical situation for those thusly affected - especially if the clot breaks off pieces which travel to the lungs. PE's can be deadly. I was lucky, I had minor lung emboli, but they were cleared with blood thinners for about a year.

So, not to over-dramatize - but it is a genuine concern for anyone who drives a lot & has this issue. :)

Registered
Mine was superficial in my varicose veins and not DVT so better but still not good.
Take care.

Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
Just drove 5 hours back home. It helps to keep your legs at the corners of the seat vs straight out. It was just enough to decrease pressure on the back of my legs.

Registered
Just drove 5 hours back home. It helps to keep your legs at the corners of the seat vs straight out. It was just enough to decrease pressure on the back of my legs.
Agreed, and closer to the pedals. And, on highways use Cruise Control and keep legs more upright is the best, when you can :).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a follow up for anyone viewing this thread. I wound up replacing the rear bolts with longer, grade 8 equivalent bolts & adding very thick metal bushings/spacers 1-1/2" long under the seat frame. Everything bolted up nice and tight & works like a charm. And, strangely, you don't even see it as a passenger in the back. Looks just fine. You could use shorter spacers if you wanted less lift in the back. Still have a ton of adjustment, everything is just tilted forward more which took the pressure off the back of my legs. I've taken many long trips and all is good.

PS: if you do this, you need to loosen the front bolts some to make the tilting forward easier. Once again, everything bolted back to spec & I was able to torque the bolts without any "weirdness" anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts