Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I ordered the following overlays from Premium Auto Styling. I did not install them yet, I may go to a shop so I don't mess it up. They were for a 2018 Pilot, but I don't see why it would not work for the Passport (minus the extra taillight section)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I purchased the 7 pin adapter to have a usb connector behind the rearview mirror to give power to a dash cam. It should work with devices with ess than 1.5 A. Now to search for a decent dash cam...

It does put some stress on the factory connector, to strech and sandwich this adapter in between, but it is out of sight.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Headlight and taillight vinyl overlays installed.
I really like how the rear looks. It is a little wider than I expected, but it does not cover the functional parts of the light itself (side marker led). I am very happy with it. 10/10. Paid $10 for the install on each corner at a local tint shop.
For the front, I am not satisfied with the results, since I can still see some of the amber. There is a V1 and V2. Mine is the smaller one, so perhaps the other style is better for the Touring Elite headlight. This was meant for the pilot, but it is starting to grow on me. 7/10

Before

After

Rear (before)

Rear (after)

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,043 Posts
I'm luke warm about doing headlight/taillight covers, I just don't see much difference functionally or estetically.

But have you thought about removing that "Gillman"? No way would I advertise for a dealer...

And how about adding some mud flaps? - I see a lot splash-up in your photos

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm luke warm about doing headlight/taillight covers, I just don't see much difference.

But have you thought about removing that "Gillman"? No way would I advertise for a dealer...
YES, I need to take that off. Thanks for the reminder, I have to put some heat on it, it looks like it is not going to be easy to peel off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
First wash at home, with the weather improving. I am very pleased with this product for tire shine. It is called Cover All. Nice shine, dries fast, doesn't smear to the wheel well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I found the part number for the red footwell LEDs, 34760-TL0-E11. This is used on the Ridgeline and Pilot Black edition. They have a clear cover, so no need to drill, about $28 each. Looks a lot better than the white ones.

I think the cup holders can also change to red just by changing the led, and not the entire trim piece. I need to do a little more research.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I installed the diecast running boards today. Ordered from BK Honda parts, for memorial day they had an additional 25% discount on shipping. It was about $528 for everything. Install was easy (2 hours by myself). The hardest part was cutting the plastic trim that is already marked from the factory. Also the final alignment was a little tricky, but just leave the bolts a little loose to get them all to fall in place. Once they do, make sure they are all tight. Part number:
(08L33-TGS-100F)

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,043 Posts
Yep, I installed my Honda cast-iron Running Boards myself as well, they are long and heavy, but if you get a couple of bolts started and tighten all of them at the end, it was not too bad...!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep, I installed my Honda cast-iron Running Boards myself as well, they are long and heavy, but if you get a couple of bolts started and tighten all of them at the end, it was not too bad...!
when I installed my hitch I didn’t have anyone home to hold one side of it up so I grabbed one of my Jack stands and put side on top of it so I could start the bolts on the other side.

it’s good practice to never tighten the bolts until they’re all at least started.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts