Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the Honda door visors. Do you like them? How do they look? Do they work?
Pictures?

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
I ordered the rear ones only, as I may sleep in the back while camping and want to leave the windows cracked a bit. I bought the WeatherTechs because they were "push-in" mounts and I'll report back here when I get them...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the WeatherTech door visors until a positive review here, particularly on how easy to put on and remove ...

I purchased these to use in warm weather:

https://theskeeterbeater.com/product/yellowstone/

I have used them on rear windows and on the sunroof on my CR-V (the Klondikes).

·
461 Posts
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the WeatherTech door visors until a positive review here, particularly on how easy to put on and remove ...

I purchased these to use in warm weather:

https://theskeeterbeater.com/product/yellowstone/

I have used them on rear windows and on the sunroof on my CR-V (the Klondikes).
Another great idea / I do have a slick little slip on mesh net for my window and it was 11 bucks on amazon that works good but the back window flare would be perfect I think / I hate the look of visors permanently on so it should work for me / it’s warming up, yay ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
My Skeeter Beaters (Yellowstone) arrived earlier today. They seem to be an excellent fit for the Passport. You can attach the top row of magnets to the roof or fold the top edge over the door to allow the door to be opened as in my pic below.

IMG_0156.jpg

Reactions: Yankeezone

·
Registered
278 Posts
So did anyone have success with the Weathertech deflectors?
So did anyone have success with the Weathertech deflectors?
Upon initial installation, I managed to crack one of mine. I wanted something that was easy to put on/take off, and I didn't see it with these, so they are sitting on a shelf in my garage unused. Others may have had better success than I did ...

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
I initially purchased a set of 4 weathertech visors and eventually had success with the front drivers window - but was never able to get the front pax window to fully go up. Numerous attempts over several days before I gave up and returned them. I never tried the rears.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
The Honda brand visors are NOT stick on, they use several pins that go in to matching clips that're stuffed into the window frame.
I've never used the OEM branded window visors but assume their quality is fine.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
I just checked the install instructions and found that they are stick ons, with two clips and pins for alignment and more secure attachment.

I’ll be installing shortly, and will let you know how it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the front weathertech and had all sorts of problems. The fit is very tight and my power window switches for the front stopped working. I had to working them in and both now go up and down fine. I had to reset the drivers side window switch and the auto now works. My passenger side from the master switch does not work at all. You can still use the passenger side switch for that window and it's fine. Not real pleased with the outcome but they are nice to have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone installed the OEM window visors yet? I will be doing the install next weekend. Seems pretty straight forward. Anyone have any tips or tricks for the installation? Thx
I am very interested in how your OEM window visor install goes. I could used them in the rain this week. I've only had Weathertech window visors on my previous vehicles but the tight fit that some PP owners have experienced concerns me, and they aren't making the light smoke colored visors anymore. A friend just bought a 2020 Pilot with the OEM visors already installed. The Pilot has chrome surrounding the windows so his visors with chrome accents look nice and I like how the visor extends forward of the small window so they don't impede view of the side mirrors. They also don't look as bulky as other taped on visors. I've been searching the forum but haven't seen many photos of the OEM visors. The shiny black material is an interesting choice, but it does tie into the shiny roof rails and side mirrors.

Good luck with your install. Please post photos and your overall thoughts on them when you're done.

Laurie

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I am very interested in how your OEM window visor install goes. I could used them in the rain this week. I've only had Weathertech window visors on my previous vehicles but the tight fit that some PP owners have experienced concerns me, and they aren't making the light smoke colored visors anymore. A friend just bought a 2020 Pilot with the OEM visors already installed. The Pilot has chrome surrounding the windows so his visors with chrome accents look nice and I like how the visor extends forward of the small window so they don't impede view of the side mirrors. They also don't look as bulky as other taped on visors. I've been searching the forum but haven't seen many photos of the OEM visors. The shiny black material is an interesting choice, but it does tie into the shiny roof rails and side mirrors.

Good luck with your install. Please post photos and your overall thoughts on them when you're done.

Laurie
Hi Laurie,

I didn’t get a chance to install them this past weekend, but will do this weekend. Weather here has been lousy. I like the look of the OEM Passport visors, as they are all black, and blend in quite well. I’ll be sure to post some pics when done.

BB

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
The visor install is fairly easy, but tedious getting the brackets in the right place, and aligning the holes in the visor to the holes in the brackets. After doing the first side, the other is quite easy.

The most important thing when inserting the push pins is to push up on the bracket underneath the visor and making sure the visor makes complete contact with the bracket. Then, insert the push pin into the hole using your fingernail to push on the base of the push pin, and not pin itself. Once you can feel the push pin coming through the hole in the bracket, while squeezing the visor and bracket together, push the pin in firmly. If you don’t squeeze the two together, you may not get the pin through the bracket hole, and you’ll waste a push pin. Honda only includes the number of pins needed. No extras. So if you waste some or lose some, you’ll need to order a hardware kit from the dealer. Most don’t stock the kit, so you’ll have to wait a week for them to come in. Or you can fix them with a scissor as shown in one of the below pics.

Once the pins are installed in the visor, before pulling the red tape cover off, you can actually slide the visor front to back to align the edges as mentioned in the directions. Then you’re ready to remove the red tape covering a few inches at a time, ensuring that the top edge of the visor is even with the top edge of the door trim.

Here are a bunch of pics of the install, and before and after photos. Some show the measured width of the visor in different places to give you an idea of how far down the visor goes, and how far they stick out from the window (1”).

Before:

After:
78B89C88-2402-48CA-8B49-E85FFE68B6E3.jpeg

Bracket Install:

Pulling back the tape cover, and taping the ends to the front of the visor to expose a small portion of the tape. I used blue painters tape.

Tiny push pins. I dropped one into the abyss of a pebble driveway. Took me 45 minutes to find. I would recommend putting down an old towel or canvas beneath the door in case you drop one like I did.

View of the brackets from the inside, showing the push pin coming through the visor and bracket

Once the visor is in place and the tape covering is removed, firmly press edges with your fingers. Then put painters tape over the edges, and use the rubber J roller to firmly press the visor against the door for a strong seal. Then remove tape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the photos and detailed comments Beach Bum. The visors look really nice on your Passport. I like that they extend over the small glass piece so they don't impede full view of the side mirrors.

I'm curious if you've noticed any increase in noise with the visors, and does air still come in the window to cool the interior or is it diverted in any way by the OEM design?

Laurie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts