Honda Passport Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Great, thanks for the pointers. I hadn't thought of warming them before install, but that makes perfect sense! Again, thanks PANDA.馃榾

Registered
Our Ridgelines come with these OEM installed, all of them, no logo, just a clean look.

Our PP's have an even wider metal area which is "hit" each time driver or passenger gets in/out.

View attachment 4360
Hello, I am looking to get this for my PP. The dealership here says they dont carry this. Can you tell my where you are located (Canada maybe?) and or if you have a part number that I could have them search for? I am wanting something durable that will protect my doors and my tail gate hatch area as a cooler has already scuffed my trunk :(
Thanks for your help!!
Tlene

Registered
On the web, from Bernardi鈥檚. They install just as PANDA says. See previous posts for advice. Well worth the money and effort.

Registered
2020 passport elite
I was thinking of getting these stock on ones from Honda but after seeing the posted pics I just picked up some exel film and I鈥檒l put it on myself. Not fond of that look. This might be easier and look better.

Registered
NF orange 4X 5D Carbon Fiber Car Scuff Plate Door Sill Sticker Panel Protector and a Scraper (4D Sticker)
$9 on Amazon ......Sizes fit the PP really well no need to cut. Not as thick as OEM but hell lot cheaper!

Registered
19 Passport Elite AWD
I had a white Accord and the sills got really scuffed. So added these to my white Pport. Took about 90 min total to install and obviously it got easier as as I progressed. Cleaned sills with alcohol wipes, my application 鈥渟olution鈥 was water with a little bit of dish soap (not enough to make bubbles). My take away is keep it really wet until you find the right spot, then anchor the top of the sill and work out the water and air bubbles before rolling the edge. Take your time. No heat used. its been 3 months and no issues.
I want to add that the instructions number each piece
for placement. The thin sections of the graphic underline should point toward each other. IMO it does have better aesthetic.

Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
Spent the afternoon applying Door Sill Protection Film on each of the door sills. Looks good on white and also on black (seen at dealership). Applied the Rear Bumper Applique, too. Both require prep, time and patience. The rear bumper was more difficult. Because the applique is clear, have to insure there is no specks of dirt under the film and it is necessary to remove all the air bubbles for best results. Requires 3M Protective Tape Application Solution or make your own (25% alcohol, 75% water, 4 drops dish detergent liquid per pint). Heat (hair dryer) helps with adhesion and bending the film over the edge.

Front right, rear right, left bumper, right bumper...

View attachment 1249 View attachment 1251 View attachment 1253 View attachment 1255
This looks great! Just ordered the same combo!

Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
Just ordered a set of the door sill protectors from College Hills Honda. Didn't have the rear bumper applique listed so I'll pass on that for now. The cargo area is my domain so I got that handled, it's my wife and mother getting in and out of the passenger side that makes me cringe! LOL, it's been a year and not scuffed yet, but why tempt fate!

Reactions: stevenD

Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
Well today was sunny and 82* so a good day to install the sill protectors! Very easy install and happy with the results. And they're heavier than what I envisioned which is a plus!

Attachments

Reactions: stevenD and DudeCS
41 - 49 of 49 Posts