Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Running boards, body side moldings, moonroof visor, splash guards
Does your moon roof visor create wind noise down highway like the roof is open when it’s not? Ever since mine got put on it sounds like it’s open - it’s annoying. Thinking of having it taken off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No, it may be installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, it may be installed incorrectly.
I saw a post of someone that bought the one for CRV cause their old one on Pilot was noisy. Was that you? I can’t find the post now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The one on my Pilot was noisey for sure, this one is quiet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, the one for the CRV

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is anyone else looking too install door guards or molding? I can just already see car doors slaming into my passport and dinging the doors.
I just had them installed on my silver 2019 Passport and love them. Not only is there added protection but I think it adds to the nice look.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts
Running boards, body side moldings, moonroof visor, splash guards
Nice ride! Love the blue! It’s killing me. Can’t decide between the OBP and MSM.
Is the side molding high enough that most doors would contact it instead of the body. Appear a bit low to me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
I had the OEM door edge guards for 13 years on my CRV and while they kept me from dinging anyone's car, they don’t keep someone else from dinging mine. I still put them on again though...??‍♀ They look fine and barely noticeable.

Reactions: Beachbum07

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts
I had the OEM door edge guards for 13 years on my CRV and while they kept me from dinging anyone's car, they don’t keep someone else from dinging mine. I still put them on again though...??‍♀ They look fine and barely noticeable.

View attachment 4966
I always put them on my cars. For my door protection, and to be considerate of others in the event of a strong wind or parked on a slant. Don’t want to be “that guy” that causes a headache for someone else.

For some reason, this brought back memories of installing spring curb feelers on my Mon’s Chevy Impala wagon many years ago. I hated cleaning her white sideways all of the time. ?

·
Read Only
392 Posts
Yes, yes and yes. Had both on my 2014 Pilot and they saved me a multitude of damage. Lots of little dings in the side molding but not in the doors. Honda has wised up as well. They are using a black material instead of white under the door moldings now. On my black Pilot the under plastic was white and you could easy see where the moldings had been hit.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts