Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some new cars have a fixed 12 volt system.
Does the PP run at 12 volts or 13.6 volts when the car is running?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jermboy777 & CAJack42, I was thinking of installing an aftermarket heated wiper washer but it appears this may not work. The operating parameters of the unit are as follows...

"The unit operates only when the vehicle voltage is 13.0V or higher. The unit turns off when the voltage is 12.7V
or lower. The normal engine off voltage for a battery is 12.4 – 12.7V"

If the vehicle is operating at 12.9 volts or less, then the unit won't turn on.
Which it sound like it could be a majority of the time of when it's really needed driving in the snow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Jermboy777 & CAJack42, I was thinking of installing an aftermarket heated wiper washer but it appears this may not work. The operating parameters of the unit are as follows...

"The unit operates only when the vehicle voltage is 13.0V or higher. The unit turns off when the voltage is 12.7V

Which it sound like it could be a majority of the time of when it's really needed driving in the snow.
Chances are the device may still work. I run a volt meter on mine, as soon as I increase the load, such as high beam lights, the voltage jumps from 12.6 up to 14.1.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts

Can you post a link to the device? Thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts