Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found it. Didn’t realize the diagram was on the underside of the lid. And there were two fuse boxes in the engine area. Pulling it reset the system successfully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone have any issues with the infotainment system? Suddenly no audio, no sound for any connected device or even radio. Some features state it won’t work while car is moving- car is stopped; some say it won’t work while car is off - car is on and vice versa.
This just happened to me as well. Unfortunately, removing fuse 15 did not work; had to disconnect power from battery. One more thing to add to 5000 tune up / check up, which is coming up soon. Will carry tools with me to disconnect power again if this issue reoccurs. Thanks for the tips on this forum. Very helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the no audio issue several times. In this case, the radio has no audio but strangely navigation will still produce audio. Whenever this happens, volume knob does nothing, and on/off does nothing. Only fix for me is to stop the car, turn it off, open the door, close the door, and restart. This fixes no audio issue for me. Fortunately I haven't had anything more severe than that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is happening to me now. Real annoying. The audio shut off at the beginning of an hour car ride to my in laws. I've had that audio problem in the past, but now the back up camera doesn't work, and the display won't turn off. The radio tuner doesn't work either. I'm going to try the USB keyboard trick. I don't feel like messing around with fuses in the dark.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had the no audio issue several times. In this case, the radio has no audio but strangely navigation will still produce audio. Whenever this happens, volume knob does nothing, and on/off does nothing. Only fix for me is to stop the car, turn it off, open the door, close the door, and restart. This fixes no audio issue for me. Fortunately I haven't had anything more severe than that.
I had a ‘15 GMC Terrain that did the same thing and had to turn off the car and open the door to reset it. It didn’t have CarPlay either. Was a great Suv otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is happening to me now. Real annoying. The audio shut off at the beginning of an hour car ride to my in laws. I've had that audio problem in the past, but now the back up camera doesn't work, and the display won't turn off. The radio tuner doesn't work either. I'm going to try the USB keyboard trick. I don't feel like messing around with fuses in the dark.
Our late 2019 (built June 19) just did this bad. I considered the fuse pull, but I stumbled into an odd solution. With the car off and the audio-locked system still on, I pressed the phone icon on the touchscreen. It said no phone detected (I use CarPlay and have never needed to Bluetooth pair my phone, but it was all unplugged). This screen had a button inviting me to connect a phone, so I pushed it. At this point, before I did anything else, the system went black and shut off. That was a full reboot, and when I started the vehicle it all came back like it never happened.
Until it happens again, of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me, it worked removing and placing it back the same fuse #29 as mentioned above. Painful that 6 months from the original post and Honna has not released a software update. Note, on the back of the fuse cover there is a white little tool to help you pull the fuse out. Just remove slightly out until the contacts are not touching and then put it back in. That way avoiding dropping the fuse accidently. I hope this helps. And thanks for the person who mention the fuse #29.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This has happened to me 2 more times since I last posted to this thread. The third time I was headed to an office where I was able to run upstairs and grab a usb keyboard. Plugged it in and did the cntl-alt-del thing. It worked, and before the day was through I’d ordered a cheap keyboard from amazon and have it stored in the back of my PP.

Definitely the easiest way to deal with the problem until ( if ever) Honda finally fixes this annoying issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any issues with the infotainment system? Suddenly no audio, no sound for any connected device or even radio. Some features state it won’t work while car is moving- car is stopped; some say it won’t work while car is off - car is on and vice versa.
Pulling the fuse and putting in is easiest and fastest. Fuse box in the main engine compartment, passenger side. It’s the 15 amp fuse on the far right as you face the car. Inside the fuse box cover is a fuse pulled and “map” to the fuses. Takes about 2 minutes to accomplish.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
637 Posts
Just remember to call Honda Customer Service to report the issue and get a case number. Then, let your dealer know to see if they can address the issue. Be sure to take pics and a video of the screens and capture any errors to show the dealer.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts