Honda Passport Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed

8K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  stevenD 
#1 ·
Got my first car note today. Meanwhile my passport is still at the dealership. It’s spent more time in the service department than it has in my driveway. UTTERLY disappointed!

#2 ·
Hello Donna, while I think we all can sympathize with your plight, I have not seen one other owner in here who is dissatisfied why their purchase, you now have three three threads going in here, you really need all those? I seriously doubt your complaints are going to sway anybodies thinking, but hey it's a free country and I see you need to express your pain, best wishes on you getting a happy resolution!

#5 ·
Brand new member here. Saw my first Passport on the road today while driving my trouble-free '06 Pilot EX-L with 332K miles on the clock (our 8th Honda in the immediately family) I was planning on replacing it with a Ridgeline G2 when they came out, but took a pass. Saw the Passport and thought, I got to check out a Passport forum, see if people are having the same kind of issues many with the G2 Ridgeline are having. . . Very small sample size, but given sales volume, I'm not taking my chances. Looks like I'll keep this Pilot until the wheels fall off. Last 3 new cars in the family have been 2 Subarus and a Toyota. Are you listening Honda? Make a new vehicle as good as those you made 15-25 years ago and we'll come back.

#15 ·
Every make & model of car is going to have problems of some sort, typically speaking, it seems like Toyota, Honda and Subaru are more reliable than Ford, GM, Chrysler. If someone is going to NOT buy a car because they read on the internet that someone, somewhere, had some type of problem, then I have no advice for that, except to do 1-year leases (if there is such a thing)...

Reactions: Ticmxman
#16 ·
If someone is going to NOT buy a car because they read on the internet that someone, somewhere, had some type of problem, then I have no advice for that, except to do 1-year leases (if there is such a thing)...
There's a whole lot of real estate between someone, somewhere had some type of problem and bunch of people are having a bunch of problems, not all of which are minor.

If you want to disregard others' negative experiences with vehicles and take your chances, have at it. I find it much easier to learn from mistakes other people make than having to make my own.

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/highly-reliable-honda-drops-consumer-reports-reliability-survey

#17 · (Edited)
I don't disregard negative comments, that's why I did not buy a 2019 RAV4.

I simply pointed out that you can find somebody who says something bad about EVERY single car out there.

Being a first year vehicle, none of us had the luxury of previous Passport buyers reviews, but having purchased one 2 months ago and being on this website months before the Passport was released, I have not seen 1 single major recurring problem!

So when someone says something like "Has Honda fixed _____ yet?"

I'm not sure how to even answer it, as the small sample size in here, has not only had very good luck with their vehicles, but can't stop gushing about how much they love it. And I'm in that boat too, after driving two BMW's (that ran flawlessly) for the last 16 years and also frequently drive my wife's Lexus!

YRMV...

Reactions: Marv and GaryDahl
#18 ·
I don't disregard negative comments, that's why I did not buy a 2019 RAV4.

I simply pointed out that you can find somebody who says something bad about EVERY single car out there.

Being a first year vehicle, none of had the luxury of previous Passport buyers reviews, but having purchased one 2 months ago and being on this website months before the Passport was released, I have not seen 1 single major recurring problem!

So when someone says something like "Has Honda fixed _____ yet?"

I'm not sure how to even answer it, as the small sample size in here, has not only had very good luck with their vehicles, but can't stop gushing about how much they love it. And I'm in that boat too, after driving two BMW's (that ran flawlessly) for the last 16 years and also frequently drive my wife's Lexus!

YRMV...
I am high on the Passport Drug. That is why we started Passporter anonymous...

#20 ·
As if I've not said it enough here, I bought PP Touring, 2WD, OBs Blue.

Just under 1k miles so far, really digging it.
None of those issues mentioned here have surfaced, no fit/finish, technical/mechanical, etc. Mine feels very tight, hopefully it stays that way. peace, e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.