Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has a video guide installing the running boards?
I saw the PDF manual but it wasn't that clear. Thanks!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,113 Posts
I bought them and installed them myself!

Except for the rolling aound on the hard ground (I used a foam pad) they were SUPER easy to install.

Do not really need a video, each side has three unique Brackets (these connect the Running Board to the underside of the vehicle).

You will need to get down under the PP and ensure (or remove) any undercoating that may have gotten into the mounting holes (2 for each Bracket) (6 per side).

While you are down there, take the Brackets and it is very easy to view and understand where each unique bracket is supposed to mount.

I seem to recall, I mounted all three Brackets to the underside first - important to leave them a little bit loose!

Then I attached one end of the running board, then the middle and then the other end - also important to leaving them loose.

After that, tighten one end fully, then the other end and then the middle.

It is really less that a 1 hour job.

Good luck!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,113 Posts
Forgot about that (I installed mine 3 or 4 months ago). But there are a few spots you need to take a box cutter and CAREFULLY cut away some plastic, as I recall it was already scored where you need to make the cuts, but do this VERY slowly, sawing it back n forth, don't force it as you could break the blade or worse (cut yourself)...

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts
Forgot about that (I installed mine 3 or 4 months ago). But there are a few spots you need to take a box cutter and CAREFULLY cut away some plastic, as I recall it was already scored where you need to make the cuts, but do this VERY slowly, sawing it back n forth, don't force it as you could break the blade or worse (cut yourself)...
I wish there was a way to get the die cast running boards and still be able to install the side welcome lights. I went to a dealer today and now prefer the die cast over the plastic RBs with the built in lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts