Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the die-cast running boards to help Gal Incognito get in and out of the PP a bit easier. We're gearing up for a cross country trip in a few weeks, so I also put on the cross bars and the 'short' Honda-branded roof box. Looks alright - mostly needed it for the extra space. I'm pretty sure it's just a rebadged Thule pulse. Also added the LP hood deflector to minimize the bug carnage and potential chips.

All in all, feeling pretty good about the current load-out. I may switch to 18s once we get to the West Coast, but am fine with the stock wheels for the next few thousand miles, at least.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Safe travels! ...I went on a 2500 mile trip when the PP had about 4k on the odometer. The PP was great on long trips. Smooth and quiet. Will be interesting to see how the box affects your mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2,098 Posts
All in all, feeling pretty good about the current load-out. I may switch to 18s once we get to the West Coast, but am fine with the stock wheels for the next few thousand miles, at least.

Looks great, have a safe trip, and watch out for Curbs and you should be ok...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Before my long night drives, I spray WD40 on my front end and the painted side of my side view mirrors, so bugs will wash off easier.
Here from the internet:
  1. WD-40 is a great way to remove dead bugs from your car. Like with tar, let the WD-40 soak into the dirty bug area for 10 minutes or so, then, wipe away. Repeat as necessary.
  2. Ivory soap is another excellent way to remove vehicle areas covered with bugs. The stearic acid in Ivory soap helps to penetrate bug residue and with a little rubbing the bugs will come right off. Simply wet a towel and rub the bar of soap onto the wet area to create a paste, then rub those areas with bugs. Repeat as necessary.
  3. Believe it or not, clothes dryer sheets have proven to be effective at removing bugs from bumpers and wheel rims. Simply take a dryer sheet (recycle a used dryer sheet, this works just fine), wet and begin rubbing. With a little soaking and rubbing, bugs should come right off.

Reactions: DudeCS

·
Registered
57 Posts
@Guy Incognito hello can you take more pics of the roof box all around and with also being opened and stuff please thanks

I just can’tind any where video or pics of the oem Honda box.
I’m thinking of getting that over Honda basket

can you fit carry on bags in them? Like the airplane ones.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts