Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a flat tire this weekend! Of course, it happened on Sunday with limited options for service even in a big city. I did end up having Walmart look at it and it ruined the side wall - long story short TIRE RUINED with only 1500 miles on it - $250 replacement as the org. tires don't come with road hazard!!!!:(:mad:. So after searching that night to find someone that would have that tire size that would be in stock (most places said 3-5 days) and since I was stuck out of town I didn't want to wait 3-5 days. I got ahold a Honda dealer and they were able to get one in by midmorning. So that was taking care of. :) Now that I have shared by SOB story!!! I really wanted to let you all know a few things that I discovered once putting on the spare donut tire. 1) the tire pressure sensors don't register the spare tire pressure so it will still say low pressure (mentioned in the manual) (mine registered what the regular tire had in there once taken off). 2) You will receive error messages on the screen - Brake System lights up, Lane Assist Error as well as Road Mitigation error. I couldn't find this mentioned in the manual so I was a little concerned at first with all the error messages lighting up. Any way maybe those you had these features on a previous cars know about these, but I haven't had these features before so it was new to me. Just thought I would pass this along for anyone else as FYI

·
Registered
853 Posts
My condolences for your new tire. When driving around town, I'm leery of new constructions sites, especially new roofs going on. I don't trust their safe nail handling practices with my less than 1,000-mile tires.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,677 Posts
I read some bad reviews on these tires and found out that America's Tire/Discount Tire will put their certificate for replacements, balancing and rotating for about $240. And that is in OC, CA where everything cost more...

·
Registered
296 Posts
There is a thread somewhere in this forum. Discount and America’s tire will sell you a full service road hazard and balance and rotation plan for a little over a hundred. If they can’t fix the flat you get a new tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts