Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I've seen some of the ugliest dealer decals on nice vehicles. It's wild to me that some people don't care about that.
That reminded me of my fathers dealer tags; by todays standards They Were UGLY. Basic boxy black lettering on a 6" foil that shined like Reynolds Wrap.
I believe I may still have one on a tool box.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I typically remove them but have left it on the PP. I’ll get around to it most likely but for some reason, just don’t care.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
341 Posts
If they provided free oil changes and tire rotations for the life of the car, and threw in an extra year of bumper to bumper warranty, I’d gladly put the sticker on myself. 😀

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my neck of the woods Every car on the sales lot has been equipped with them, however as stated - they can easily be removed.

My dealer has now started adding pinstripes - with a cleverly hidden name posted within; fortunately its not too in your face. View attachment 5129
I would make them take that (and the dealer sticker) off, or I would go elsewhere. Hate pinstripes.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
341 Posts
I’m deviating from the topic a bit, but involves pin-striping. When I graduated from high school many years ago, I worked for a company and took care of the owner and his family’s Mercedes cars (4) as part of my responsibilities. Always had new ones, from the 2 door convertible to the high end (at the time) 560SEL Turbo Special Edition. Loved the smell of REAL leather!

I used to take them for service at the dealer, and to the detailer quite frequently. They actually trusted me to bring them home the night before so I could get an early appointment the following day. It always freaked my mother out, because our area was not a Mercedes kind of a neighborhood, and she was afraid the cars would get robbed. 😀

Anywho...I brought a new one to the dealer for pin striping and watched the guy do it. After about 15 minutes, I turned around and noticed that my jacket had brushed up against his fresh pin striping job on the car next to mine. I was afraid to tell the guy that I ruined his job. Finally did and he laughed. Wiped the side down, and re-striped the whole side quite quickly. Amazing!!

Interesting tidbit... the owner’s daughter Nancy is now married to Paul McCartney. She was very tough, but fair. Always drove her car! The owner also had a limo and a chauffeur, who was an ex-boxer and always armed. This was back in the mob days, and his business crossed their paths.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Free car washes as long as the license plate trim has the dealer name is on it.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
426 Posts
Free car washes as long as the license plate trim has the dealer name is on it.
I hate to mention this, but our Honda dealer gives free car washes for as long as you own a vehicle you bought from them. They also have a service center on both sides of town. For me the dealer is 12 miles away. The service center is 1 1/2 miles away. Sometimes it’s nice being a hick in the sticks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me even if it's buried within the pinstriping.
In my neck of the woods Every car on the sales lot has been equipped with them, however as stated - they can easily be removed.

My dealer has now started adding pinstripes - with a cleverly hidden name posted within; fortunately its not too in your face. View attachment 5129

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
As previously suggested ... take a hair dryer (or heat gun) and warm it up, it'll then easily peel off. The remaining adhesive can be easiy cleaned with solvents (alcohol, glue be gone, etc).
Agreed that air dryer would be the best approach for most people because it can't get too hot like a heat gun. Need to be careful on which solvents you use to remove the remaining adhesives, as some can damage the clear coat and paint. I've found that WD40 is the best for removing adhesive residue. It will not harm the finish because it's basically fish oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before I finalize any deal I always tell salesman that I don’t want any sticker or dealer info anywhere on the car. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
426 Posts
When needed I do what the dealer does. Hair dryer and Goo Gone for any residue left over. Goo Gone is a natural citrus based product that once it has done it's thing you just wash it off with soap and water.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have taken to saying, "If you leave the sticker on, that will be $5000 a year you owe me for advertising." It seems to stay off after that. (Unfortunately I forgot to say it when my wife bought her new car. So heat gun here I come.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Alabama doesn't require a front license plate - so guess what our dealers do?
They provide a courtesy plate (with their name, phone, address, etc).
You had me with the first sentence and lost me with the second. I was all ready for a quart mason jar of shine.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts