Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was waiting for my Passport to be brought up front after getting its first oil change today, I watched the porter run the front left wheel against the curb. A nice 5 inch gouge along the edge of the rim. I immedately reported it to the service advisor, who immediately got the service manager. I pointed out the damage and said, "it looks like I need a new wheel". He agreed, said he would order it right away. A few minutes later as I was driving home he called, said the wheel was ordered and it would arrive late tomorrow and set an appointment to have it installed the following morning. Kind of a hassle but I'm glad they agreed to take care of it right away.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always do a walk-around before leaving the dealership. I also put small marks on the valve stems so I know if tire rotation was performed. I caught them not doing a tire rotation on my previously owned Ridgeline.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
428 Posts
Talk about being in the right place at the right time, good for you! I always orient my wheel locks either dead in line or dead opposite the valve stem depending on the wheel design. LOL, my wife says I'm OCD. Anyway I look at it this way what are the chances the mechanic is going to place the wheel locks in the same orientation?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always do a walk-around before leaving the dealership. I also put small marks on the valve stems so I know if tire rotation was performed. I caught them not doing a tire rotation on my previously owned Ridgeline.
I also mark mine and caught the dealership not doing the tire rotation. They gave me all my money back and I also got a free oil change.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Dealerships are crap! They have done such shotty work on all my Honda’s!
Where do you live? I’ve got two awesome mom & pop shops in So Cal and one in Vegas.
If you don’t live near there, seek out some privately owned Honda repair shops if you are like me and keep your vehicles forever!

Reactions: Moab Junky

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealerships are crap! They have done such shotty work on all my Honda’s!
Where do you live? I’ve got two awesome mom & pop shops in So Cal and one in Vegas.
If you don’t live near there, seek out some privately owned Honda repair shops if you are like me and keep your vehicles forever!
Without going into details regarding the oil change I was there for when they curbed the wheel, I'm considering finding a good independent shop. There are a couple that have been around for years, so I'm guessing that speaks well.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,535 Posts
Without going into details regarding the oil change I was there for when they curbed the wheel, I'm considering finding a good independent shop. There are a couple that have been around for years, so I'm guessing that speaks well.
Longevity is so important!
i think the dealerships just don’t care about our safety or pocket book and take advantage of us!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts