Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone install one on there PP? What brand? I'm thinking one of 2 brands.
Thinkware F800 PRO 2-Channel Bundle 1080P FHD WiFi Rearview Camera
or
Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO+ Dash Camera
Total cost about 550 install

any suggestion?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I recently purchased a Viofo A129 duo for my Accord after doing some research and I'm overall happy with the FOV coverage. Mine was a hardwired install done at a local shop. I have to say that reading a plate while in motion is hit or miss. In some cases no matter how many frames you zoom into, you don't get enough detail to read the plate. If capturing plates is important to you stick with a 4K sensor.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I'm kinda curious to know how and why these are used. Is it for work? For fun? For potential insurance claim purposes?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm kinda curious to know how and why these are used. Is it for work? For fun? For potential insurance claim purposes?
In my area there’s high traffic during my commute. And very callous and inexperienced drivers around. I was in a few near misses that made me very nervous. Having the dash cam gives me peace of mind that there’s clear material evidence that can supply blame.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm following along here as it's something we've discussed adding to our vehicles. Instances of people backing up into vehicles at stop lights and making false claims of being rear ended seems to be becoming a more common thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before manufacturers make this an optional or standard feature? That would be cool.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before manufacturers make this an optional or standard feature? That would be cool.
It's definitely going to happen with all the self driving car tech that's coming. They have cameras, all they need to do is hold the video for some amount of time. If they wanted to monetize it, they could easily make it a feature you pay for. Tesla could do it first if they wanted to.

Once that happens the other manufacturers will follow suite and add it in. Maybe a while before it becomes standard.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before manufacturers make this an optional or standard feature?
Probably not long. They've already got cameras installed for the Lane Assist and Brake Mitigation systems.

Edit - oops, just noticed nikhilxp64 posted a similar answer. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts