Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three dealers in my area received initial inventory today. After seeing in person, I think they look really good. The lines and proportions come together very well and I think the wheel selection really helps overall look. You can debate off-road suitability but I like the choice Honda made.
Test drive was better than I expected. Much more nimble feel than Pilot. Biggest impression was the very quiet interior and very smooth engine. Of course the 4 to the 6 is a huge difference but even more than I anticipated. Nine speed trans worked well and did nothing but deliver power. It found a gear to keep the Rpm's in the 1500 to 1900 range in all traffic conditions. Great safety features. Really liked ACC, Lane Keep, and the blind spot monitors.
Room, comfort, and ride were excellent. Push button tranny will take very little transition.
Lift gate operation is very convenient and rear storage is huge.
Liked it well enough that one had to come home with me. It was indicating 24 mpg on the drive home so we will see how that progresses with actual usage.
Wanted to share experience as we have all been looking forward to this release.
Thanks to all who helped me with questions over the last few weeks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decrease in interior noise at highway speed was striking. As I said, the quiet and smoothness really won me over.

I will be interested to hear others comments as you have a chance to drive.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats dtom.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. We have had three CRV's in a row and are excited about the this change. It seems to fit what we are looking for. Not to big, not too small.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks. We have had three CRV's in a row and are excited about the this change. It seems to fit what we are looking for. Not to big, not too small.
Which trim did you test/get? I know the higher trims have the Acoustic glass in the front.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a touring trim in white. We did not really like that color when looking at pictures but it really looked good in person and the grey wheel color fits. That is the only trim we drove so I can't tell you if others are as quiet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is a touring trim in white. We did not really like that color when looking at pictures but it really looked good in person and the grey wheel color fits. That is the only trim we drove so I can't tell you if others are as quiet.
Awesome! I want white as well. Man, I hope I get a good deal locally!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pricing leverage is hard to come by at this point. Only thing that helped me was a good relationship with dealer. Timing is tough but in the end they are there to sell cars.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the roof rails make it. One of the main reasons I want a Touring. But if an EXL is the better deal, then absolutely.

@dtom are they discounting off MSRP?

·
816 Posts
It is a touring trim in white. We did not really like that color when looking at pictures but it really looked good in person...
Well that's good to know! :) (I want white but don't think it looks that great on a Passport in pictures) Question: I've seen a couple of reviews that say steering on the Passport is only "meh" and the ride is a bit firm/stiff compared to the Pilot. Any thoughts on either (or both?) of these comments?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought the steering and feel was very good. The ride is firm but to me is typical Honda. The Pilot is tuned a little softer but the passport is just nice and firm and steers a little more responsive. Like several have discussed on here, we drove the competition in both two row and three row models. We prefer the firm and tight Honda feel. With the 20's and the added ride height it feels much more nimble than the pilot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
dtom, that is hot, hot, hot. Best pics of the Passport to be found anywhere! I'm sold on white. Hope the EX-L looks that sexy or I'm going to jump up to Touring.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts