Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Finally on my first road trip enjoying my passport all to myself…

Something interesting driving through the mountains, traffic is fairly clear and I have cruise control on set at 65 and it will at random automatically drop down to around 55 and then back up to 60 and then eventually 65 again.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
The adaptive cruse looks ahead, if no one is ahead of you then there is something wrong. My cruse even in ECO mode holds the speed usually within 1 MPH.

Could you have dirt, a leaf or something else blocking a camera or one of the radar sensors?

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello again, i did a lot of driving today I set my cruise to 1 bar of sensitivity and it seems to work even better and I am not riding others bumper too closely at all which was a concern I had before/I’m leaving it at 1 ?
I was able to get some of the cruise control kinks out once I got past riverside today. It was a slow crawl from Jean,NV to Riverside!
The bars for sure helped, it seemed to be the cause of the drastic increase or decrease in the speed and I think I was a little heavy on the touch for the speed setting too. Hopefully tomorrow’s drive to Ventura will be better than today’s.

·
Registered
465 Posts
ProdGirl:
You seem to have a number of questions about your new Passport. If you haven't already, you can order the "full" printed copy of the owner's manual on this website:
https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals?year=2019&model=Passport

Scroll down to the bottom. Be aware you can only order one within the first six months of ownership. The manual that comes with the vehicle is not the full manual. The one you download or order printed copy of is much more complete.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finally on my first road trip enjoying my passport all to myself…

Something interesting driving through the mountains, traffic is fairly clear and I have cruise control on set at 65 and it will at random automatically drop down to around 55 and then back up to 60 and then eventually 65 again.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
yup

just happened to me
i had follow interval all the way up..

shortened it

Also had car slow down when it saw someone in a turn left to the left of me.. slowed from 55 to about 47 scared the heck out of me..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like ACC and have set it to the lowest sensitivity... here that means folks definitely jump in front of you. I would like to see Honda tune the ACC to be less aggressive on slowing down and a bit more aggressive in speeding up. I feel like an old guy driving...wait I am an old guy! The system also has issues with seeing either ghost images or reflections from cars turning off in another lane and will aggressively slowdown.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I totally agree with the previous post. It can be abrupt when slowing down and take a while to accelerate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can set it to traditional CC, I think you have to hold the button longer or something to switch to CC.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
637 Posts
The speed adjust by increments of 3-5 mph is also odd. Should be 1mph increments as far as I can tell, unless perhaps you're holding it long enough to do multiple increments.
View attachment 2331
Agreed. All of my Hondas work the same; one press of the cruise buttons increase or decrease the speed by one MPH. Press and hold and the speed will change by several MPHs.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
182 Posts
Give it a really good press and hold and it will increase in increments of 5 MPH.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the ACC is awful. Can it be completely turned off.
To switch from ACC to "Normal" cruise control, press the distance button on
the steering wheel, and hold it for 1 second. It will blink and change from ACC to "Cruise Mode" - It was one of the first things I turned off when I got my Honda. I just couldn't get used to the abrupt slow down when the car would pick up another vehicle (and yes, I did have it set to the shortest follow distance).

NOTE - you have to change the cruise BEFORE you set the cruise, it won't change if you have ACC cruise actively set. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I fugured out how to disengage ACC. Now, I will have to tes
To switch from ACC to "Normal" cruise control, press the distance button on
the steering wheel, and hold it for 1 second. It will blink and change from ACC to "Cruise Mode" - It was one of the first things I turned off when I got my Honda. I just couldn't get used to the abrupt slow down when the car would pick up another vehicle (and yes, I did have it set to the shortest follow distance).

NOTE - you have to change the cruise BEFORE you set the cruise, it won't change if you have ACC cruise actively set. Hope this helps.
Thank you! I did finally figure it out. Have yet to test it on the highway. My previous 2 vehicles had ACC that worked SO MUCH better than on the Passport. I can't believe I have to turn it off, but it is just awful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fugured out how to disengage ACC. Now, I will have to tes

Thank you! I did finally figure it out. Have yet to test it on the highway. My previous 2 vehicles had ACC that worked SO MUCH better than on the Passport. I can't believe I have to turn it off, but it is just awful.
No problem, yep - luckily it's one of those settings that stays when you turn off the car!!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts