Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a creaking noise from the front end of the vehicle at low speeds and turning into my driveway (left) or into a parking lot space. Anyone else experiencing this? Only 2400 miles on the vehicle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am getting a creaking noise from the front end of the vehicle at low speeds and turning into my driveway (left) or into a parking lot space. Anyone else experiencing this? Only 2400 miles on the vehicle.
I do, I think mine increased when I put my Skid Plate on and I thought that was what was causing it. I don't think it serious and for me isn't very loud overall.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
801 Posts
I get an occasional minor clunk in the driver’s side front end when making right turns out of my driveway. I back into my driveway, so this happens when I pull out and turn right as I go down the driveway apron. Seems like it happens due to the weight transfer to the front left corner of the PP as it dips in the turn. I’ve only had the PP for less than a month, and it’s probably happened 5-6 times. Mileage is around 800. Hasn’t happened in the last few days. I’m not a mechanic, but it sounds like it’s coming from the strut/spring. Could be wrong. I’m holding off going to the dealer until it happens again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is nothing like that, just creaking not a clunk. Might be a loose ball joint taking weight? I have no idea but seems it maybe should be looked at as it seems odd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get an occasional minor clunk in the driver’s side front end when making right turns out of my driveway. I back into my driveway, so this happens when I pull out and turn right as I go down the driveway apron. Seems like it happens due to the weight transfer to the front left corner of the PP as it dips in the turn. I’ve only had the PP for less than a month, and it’s probably happened 5-6 times. Mileage is around 800. Hasn’t happened in the last few days. I’m not a mechanic, but it sounds like it’s coming from the strut/spring. Could be wrong. I’m holding off going to the dealer until it happens again.
I had a left front clunk at times that was hard to to hear or replicate. Had to do a lot of driving around a lot with two different mechanics to get them to hear it. Replaced something in the strut tower and the noise has not happened again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a left front clunk at times that was hard to to hear or replicate. Had to do a lot of driving around a lot with two different mechanics to get them to hear it. Replaced something in the strut tower and the noise has not happened again.
Did it happen when you were doing about 30 every time? I get something like that but I think it is transmission and just a rough shift point.
I get creaking of suspension all the time, seems worse since I had the Jsport Skid Plate installed but it isn't worrisome or annoying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did it happen when you were doing about 30 every time? I get something like that but I think it is transmission and just a rough shift point.
I get creaking of suspension all the time, seems worse since I had the Jsport Skid Plate installed but it isn't worrisome or annoying.
It would do it on slower local roads (25-40 mph) and rolling to a stop in the driveway. It had more to do with the kind of bump rather than speed.

That's why it was so hard to replicate it with the mechanics. They did resolve it though.

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
I missed this post when I actually had some work...

about 6 months after purchasing my Passport, I had a creak noise from the backseat. It reminded me of my grandpas old ass bronco that was rusted out!

because my Passport drives so quiet, it made me crazy. I finally had my neighbor drive with me and he heard where it was coming from. It was something under the backseat. So we tightened all the bolts we could get and sprayed the crap out of everything with WD40. Then folded, opened, slid and all sorts of stuff to the backseat. It took a couple days to go away, but haven’t heard it in about 8 months!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts