Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had another trailer on the back that produced a terrible humming noise and thought it was a fluke. But I picked up this boat today and it seems the noise is even louder. Anyone else have this issue? I've always had diesel trucks and never heard anything like it when towing, just curious if it's normal because it insanely loud. Bought the passport in awd just so I had higher tow numbers for vacations and certain things around town. But if this isn't resolved I would go mad on the interstate for hours!

Attachments

·
461 Posts
Hmmm, I’m curios too as I pulled a single ATV without a problem a bit ago (770 pounds) but I’ll be towing about 4100 pounds of a boat in a few weeks so hope it’s all good. ??

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don’t have the answer to your problem but your boat motor and trailer look like they would weigh over 5,000 lbs especially if your boat was full of fuel and loaded. Obviously you had them put the 5000 lb towing package on it. What would your boat package weigh?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, I’m curios too as I pulled a single ATV without a problem a bit ago (770 pounds) but I’ll be towing about 4100 pounds of a boat in a few weeks so hope it’s all good. ??
If I don't figure it out by then let me know what you experience. Hopefully this isn't a big issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t have the answer to your problem but your boat motor and trailer look like they would weigh over 5,000 lbs especially if your boat was full of fuel and loaded. Obviously you had them put the 5000 lb towing package on it. What would your boat package weigh?
Yes I have the 5k package. Boat is 3300lbs dry plus trailer at 800lbs and then fuel at 280lbs (half tank). Brings total weight to 4400lbs roughly. But no matter the weight I wouldn't think it would be making this humming noise. The last boat that was on the back of my PP was about 400lbs less as well and still made the noise. The noise comes from the rear almost like road noise is getting amplified through the hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts