Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Passport has a crackling noise that appears in the dash and roof area in cool weather. It starts when I leave the garage the vehicle is acclimating to the outside temps. It goes on for awhile, then disappears. It sounds like very small bbs are hitting the roof. Very weird. Anyone experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,664 Posts
My Passport has a crackling noise that appears in the dash and roof area in cool weather. It starts when I leave the garage the vehicle is acclimating to the outside temps. It goes on for awhile, then disappears. It sounds like very small bbs are hitting the roof. Very weird. Anyone experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks!
Do you have a sun roof?
If so, keep the inner slider closed just in case the glass is breaking.
Are you able to safely inspect the glass for any cracking?

And make sure you don’t have any new vehicle wrap anywhere.

That’s the only things I can think of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It could possibly be numerous things.
The noise u described could possibly be just the materials contracting due to the immediate sudden change in the temperature.

Inspecting the materials around the area where the noise is observed from would be a good starting point just to make sure it's not glass related.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could possibly be numerous things.
The noise u described could possibly be just the materials contracting due to the immediate sudden change in the temperature.

Inspecting the materials around the area where the noise is observed from would be a good starting point just to make sure it's not glass related.......
Glass was the first thing I focused on. All good there. I surmised that it had to be related to contraction of materials in and around the sunroof and dash area. It doesn't last long and typically occurs after the vehicle has been in the garage for a few days before being driven. I was interested in if others with 2019 Passports had experienced anything similar. Appreciate your response!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look at the TSB section about crackling audio. It does not matter whether the info system is on. It comes down to fiber connector being not tight. I took my car to the dealer couple weeks back and so far so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts