Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a crackling noise when using hands free?
Any fixes or anyone else having same issue?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lots of discussions around that. Recommend a search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same - I've searched, BUT is there a 100% fix noted yet from Honda?
Passport EXL 450 miles - happens almost everyday

·
Registered
11 Posts
My passport is 3 months old with 6980 miles (I bought it with 10, yeah I drive a lot) happens every commute to work. It’s beyond frustrating and I don’t know what else to do because the deal ships don’t know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Crackling noise with hands free? Like the phone?
Doesn’t matter... I usually use Apple play hardwired with an apple cable. Once the crackle starts I can even turn off audio from the car completely and noise will still come out of the speakers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sounds like power wire feedback. Like your cables aren't insulated adequately or your audio wires are too close to a power wire of some type.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have same problem. Its been happening for past 4 months. The dealership has done a " hard reset" twice now and does not correct problem. I have driven by the CN Tower in Toronto , and the radio turns off. It tries to " reboot" and then tries to " reload". Sometimes it does. Then sometimes the dash goes blank. All of the digital displays disappears, and then comes back on. But vehicle still runs fine. Ever time I hear the " cracking" noise, I know something is going to happen ...ie. radio dies, can't make a call while on bluetooth connection, or the person I am talking to can't hear me but I can hear them talking. Even with the radio audio turned off, I hear " crackling".
To me it sounds like a short some where. Going back to dealer on Monday for 3rd time for same issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
I have same problem. Its been happening for past 4 months. The dealership has done a " hard reset" twice now and does not correct problem. I have driven by the CN Tower in Toronto , and the radio turns off. It tries to " reboot" and then tries to " reload". Sometimes it does. Then sometimes the dash goes blank. All of the digital displays disappears, and then comes back on. But vehicle still runs fine. Ever time I hear the " cracking" noise, I know something is going to happen ...ie. radio dies, can't make a call while on bluetooth connection, or the person I am talking to can't hear me but I can hear them talking. Even with the radio audio turned off, I hear " crackling".
To me it sounds like a short some where. Going back to dealer on Monday for 3rd time for same issues.
I could be wrong now, but as I recall, this issue is tied to the Wiring Harness and it needs to be replaced to fully fix it, Honda Corp knows about it, not sure if it has flowed down to the dealers yet... I would tell your dealer that and see how they respond. And be sure to update us here... good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah keep us posted. I’m scheduled to bring mine in tomorrow. I’m going to mention the wire harness and see what they say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys....took my PP into local dealership. They talked to Honda Canada tech. They told dealer they'r working on a fix. They told dealer it appears to be a software related issue. No timelines on when it will be fixed or an update.
Looks like more on going problems with the display, unable to make calls etc.
If anyone lse has updates, please let us know.
Sure is frustrating with these issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here. Been to the dealer once so far

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dropped my car of this morning. I get a call and of course they can not duplicate the sound and asked if they can put some miles on it to see if they can get it to happen on the road. will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heard a crackling noise when using hands free?
Any fixes or anyone else having same issue?
I, have had the same issue since I bought in back in April 2019, has been back to service three times. First time could not figure it out. Second time, car was in the shop for almost a week and according to them the Engineer from Honda said it was the Guage. Also, the entire Dash Board disappears while driving the vehicle (HAZARD). Yesterday, I took it back and they put me in a rental (Twice already) Now they are saying its the Harnice. They took a look and said it wasn't the Harnice. Now saying it's the Room Harnice. My vehicle will not be serviced til about next week because the part is being shipped from Honda on Friday! At this point thinking it's a LEMON!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dropped my car of this morning. I get a call and of course they can not duplicate the sound and asked if they can put some miles on it to see if they can get it to happen on the road. will keep everyone posted
When mine was acting up, I took a video of it and gave that to my service rep. So at least they have ‘proof’ of what’s happening

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take a look at the thread "Infotainment system caput" also here- I have posted about this as well as many others-Replaced wiring harness with no joy- This is getting worse with time and happens almost continuously in my PP-I now keep the audio off and use my phone for music and podcasts. I use a bluetooth speaker (about $10 at Staples) so I can hear the music. Pretty awful for my top of the line Infotainment system ("elite")

Waiting to hear from Honda USA about what if anything they are going to do with my 2500 mile old car

Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
In California, we have a Lemon Law and it states (something like) if a new vehicle has the same problem(s) THREE times and the dealer can't/has not fixed it: they MUST buy the car back from you.

We had a 2009 Toyota Venza and the brakes would go completely OUT and the second time I had it in for repairs, I let the Service Manager, know that I knew about the Lemon Law: well he called Toyota Corp and within 2 days there were Honda Engineers/designers from Japan looking at my car and I not sure what was wrong, but they replaced the entire brake system (which was cheaper than buying the Venza back) and I never had a repeat problem, i=n the 4 or 5 years that we owned it afterwards...

·
Registered
11 Posts
So They have had my car for 4 days now. They told me they were in contact with Honda America to discuss the issue. They had a tech drive my car and even take it home (I OKed it). I am having issues with the audio crackling and also with my auto brights not working properly. The tech did agree that my lights arent working right so ended up placing the order for a new harness. He said this will fix the computer issues that is causing my light and audio issue, so we will see and I will keep everyone updated.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts