Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a previous-CPO 19' Passport (from a dealer). The dealer of course told me it was a great deal still being certified and all, but I just looked at the warranty information and according to Honda, the CPO only transfers from owner to owner, but not from a dealer. I am mad, but not so mad since I paid a really good price for the car (and still waiting for it to be delivered).

My questions:

1- Have anyone had luck transferring the CPO warranty after purchasing from a dealer, or is this a definite no-no?
2- Would you buy an aftermarket warranty if not? I have had aftermarket warranty on most vehicles in the past, but I tend to buy luxury, 3-5 year old vehicles. Not sure if repair costs on the Passport are worth the price paid for the warranty, but it is also a cheaper warranty than what I am used to (I.e. under 2k for 5 years).

Thank you all for your thoughts on this!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would just bank the $35-40 per month instead into a savings account dedicated for car repairs. I think a warranty would be a total waste the first few years, and after 5 you’ll have over $2000 in the account to use. I bank $100 per car in savings for maintenance and repairs. Works out great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just bank the $35-40 per month instead into a savings account dedicated for car repairs. I think a warranty would be a total waste the first few years, and after 5 you’ll have over $2000 in the account to use. I bank $100 per car in savings for maintenance and repairs. Works out great.
If I had bought it new, that would be my way to go. Sadly without knowing how it has been treated before or if there might be a hidden issue, warranty might be the way to go.
I hate the CPO cannot transfer to a new owner feom dealership...

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you're still covered by the original OEM warranty (3 years/36,000 miles) you qualify to extend it, with a HondaCare warranty.

Saccucci Honda sells various HondaCare warranties online.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Passport Trailsport a week ago with 46 miles on it from a Toyota dealer listed as used but I'm the original owner, it's never been registered by anyone else. I rarely bring my vehicles back to the dealer for anything, preferring to do my own maintenance and repairs, (I was a mechanic for 18 years as a first career). I'm just curious what Honda would honor if anything or if there's anything special I need to do.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Passport Trailsport a week ago with 46 miles on it from a Toyota dealer listed as used but I'm the original owner, it's never been registered by anyone else. I rarely bring my vehicles back to the dealer for anything, preferring to do my own maintenance and repairs, (I was a mechanic for 18 years as a first career). I'm just curious what Honda would honor if anything or if there's anything special I need to do.
If it has never been totaled out, the factory warranty is still good (36 mo /36k miles. You can call Honda America and ask them when the warranty began.

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it has never been totaled out, the factory warranty is still good (36 mo /36k miles. You can call Honda America and ask them when the warranty began.
Thanks, I'm fairly certain there's no crash/flood/fire damage, that's what I originally suspected but I couldn't find any evidence of that, the dealer assured this was not the case. There was still remenents of factory shipping protective plastic all over the car. Date of manufacture is 6/22 Carfax dosent show anything. Probably just dealers playing games shifting inventory around. I'll have to contact my local Honda dealer which is owned my the same franchise as the Toyota dealer I bought my Passport from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts